Neat reusing ideas

*is not in on the joke*:???:

No joke. It just keeps popping up in my new posts and, um... it's not getting a lot of traffic. It's new though, maybe it'll pick up.

I could say something inflammatory about reusing things, should I try that?

Ohhhhhh. :D

The one main thing I'm reusing is a Hawaiian Punch gallon jug that was my brother's. I saved it and now put my extra change and $1 bills in it.

Our local sweet shop (the kind with the big plastic jars of sweets that they scoop out and put in bags for you) sells the empty 2-3kg sweet jars for 20p and I wash them and use them to to store bulk purchases like dry beans and rice I bought at the Asian stall at the market. They are perfect as you can see how much you have mleft.

We've also used the sweet jars (with holes poked in then for breathing) as a tank for 2 of the tarantulas we rescued.

I obsessively save salsa jars (particularly the ones with plain lids that don't name the product), wash them out, soak the label off and use them as gift holders for my home-made chocolate body scrub which is always a welcome gift by people who like "spa stuff"

Plastic containers, glass jars for storage or freezing, old sheets or t shirts for cleaning. Chipped crockery for planting
( for draining) flowers or shrubs. Glass bottles for storing evo. Biscuits tins for storing baking stuff. Gift bags and gift paper - for gifts.:rofl:

Our local sweet shop (the kind with the big plastic jars of sweets that they scoop out and put in bags for you) sells the empty 2-3kg sweet jars for 20p and I wash them and use them to to store bulk purchases like dry beans and rice I bought at the Asian stall at the market. They are perfect as you can see how much you have mleft.

I save similar plastic jars from that the candy (that I keep for clients that come in). You probably don't want to know what I store in them, lol.

I get *plastic* when asked *paper or plastic?* - I use them when scooping cat litter. Don't know that that's particularly environmentally friendly, but it's frugal. :p

Old cotton clothes, sheets and towels do indeed make good cleaning rags.

If you know anyone in manufacturing, ask if they can get plastic bags! I do, and have supplied the cat rescue for some time before my company started recycling them. I am still able to get my own

I buy quite a few gift cards. When Giant Eagle offers .20 cent fuel perks I get Amazon, and Subway. A discount store sells gas cards for Speedway that automatically deduct .10 cent off every gallon.... Anyway, I use a marker to keep track of spending and when spent use them to scrape all kinds of stuff. I always have one by the sink.

I very rarely buy individual bottles, and drink brewed tea, coffee and water almost exclusively

What I haven't done this year that I used to do is compost. It's been soooo hot and dry, I couldn't keep up watering it, and it got stinky.

I also save/reuse plastic bags to use as doggy poop bags or as liners for my small garbage cans. I rinse and reuse plastic bottles, plastic containers, jars, water bottles, sandwich baggies, aluminum foil and freezer bags.

I've used the same water bottle for over a year-just wash and refill. Old socks come in handy for dusting mini blinds and cleaning small spaces-I just slip them onto my hands . They're also handy for floor mopping.I slip them on my feet,spray the floor with water and do the cha-cha till the floor is nice and clean; they may have to be changed out a time or two during the process. The kiddos loved doing this on the last day of school when we were cleaning the classroom. We put on some fifties music and our old socks and had a blast!
We reuse plastic bags,jars,bottles,to go containers,freezer bags,old clothing and pillow cases and so forth as well. Aluminum pie tins and plastic to go containers are what we use for feeding the feral cats at our park.

I reuse grocery bags for picking up dog poo too.:D

I saw some reusing ideas the other day and one cool one was to use an old table as a dog bed:

TABLEREUSE.jpg

I reuse grocery bags for picking up dog poo too.:D

I saw some reusing ideas the other day and one cool one was to use an old table as a dog bed:

TABLEREUSE.jpg
This is awesome...and I have an old end table in the attic. Bogart has taken a liking to laying on a pillow on the floor next to my computer chair. I can him a pretty (manly) bed!

I also save/reuse plastic bags to use as doggy poop bags or as liners for my small garbage cans. I rinse and reuse plastic bottles, plastic containers, jars, water bottles, sandwich baggies, aluminum foil and freezer bags.

I forgot that I also do the same thing.:)

Me too!! I use the plastic grocery bags for kitty box cleaning. I always re-use sandwich baggies many times.

Reactions: shyvas