Mystery Girl - Child Trafficking

This makes the old threat "I'm going to sell you to the gypsies!" seem more real...

Let's hope they find her real parents ... (and that they didn't sell their girl to the gypsies!)

Horrible. That poor little girl. I hope she is reunited with her real parents or finds a loving home.

I hope she finds a new home with a wonderful family.

Excuse me for not being optimistic about the nature of her biological parents.

It's apparent that most of their ten kids aren't their biological children (unless the woman managed to give birth to 3 or 4 children within several periods of four or so months each). One wonders why the efforts to find the real parents of the children seem to be limited to the blond child.

It's apparent that most of their ten kids aren't their biological children (unless the woman managed to give birth to 3 or 4 children within several periods of four or so months each). One wonders why the efforts to find the real parents of the children seem to be limited to the blond child.

Probably the same reason that non-photogenic, non-white children who are missing get far less media attention than their photogenic and/or white peers here in the states. :sigh:

Reactions: Mischief
The couple only had four children, including Maria the blond, blue-eyed pale-skinned, distinctively non-Roma girl.

From the article:
They claimed to have 14 children, police said, and had registered different numbers with authorities in three different parts of Greece. Including Maria, the couple only actually had four.

The couple only had four children, including Maria the blond, blue-eyed pale-skinned, distinctively non-Roma girl.

From the article:

The 14 kids story just screams "We've been seen with a bunch of different kids at different times that we've been smuggling around and auctioning off for someone so we'd better made up a cover," to me. I really hope my nagging pessimism is wrong.

The 14 kids story just screams "We've been seen with a bunch of different kids at different times that we've been smuggling around and auctioning off for someone so we'd better made up a cover," to me. I really hope my nagging pessimism is wrong.
As I understand it, the motivation is collecting big amounts of child benefits.

Does anyone else thing she looks older than 4? It says the 'parents' said she was born in 2009, but I think they just made up a year when put on the spot.

Agreed.

My earlier post was based on an article yesterday that said they had ten children, with their ID papers showing that a majority of them being born too close together to possibly be the woman's biological children. This article says 14 children: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/news/in..._by_mystery_of_blonde_angel.html?cid=37150684

In any case, with that many ID papers, regardless of how many children were found with them physically, I would suspect child trafficking.

Daily Mail.

"Child trafficking and illegal adoption in Greece has been pretty high and that’s exactly what they thought had happened to Ben – that he was taken for a childless family and passed through gipsy camps,’ she told the BBC.

Maria was found just days after the Metropolitan Police revealed the results of a major review of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

HOW ROMA GANGS 'TRAFFIC CHILDREN ACROSS EUROPE TO STEAL'

article-2465942-18D48D0800000578-141_306x423.jpg

Roma gangs have been accused of trafficking hundreds of children to and from countries including Britain to mug and steal as part of an ‘international criminal network’.
Boys and girls as young as 10 are being used to make more than £2000 a month each, through crimes organised by Fagin-like bosses.
Around 200 children are though to be involved, with much of their tax free income being smuggled back to Romania to buy property.

Details of the sinister 'family' network emerged during an appeal last year in Paris against a five-year-prison sentence by Remus Stoian, a 40-year-old Romanian national.
He was found guilty alongside Palos Constantine, a compatriot also aged 40, of organising an ‘international criminal network which aimed to bring minors to France to commit theft.’
Both men were based with their ‘extended clan’ at an illegal Roma campsite in the St Denis suburb of Paris, and regularly 'trafficked' children between ‘France, Romania and even England’, a judicial source told Le Figaro.
The Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris said Stoian and Constantine had been wire tapped as they discussed the successes of their operation, which is still being run by relatives.

The conversations reveals that children were ‘selected by hand’, with Stoain saying at one point: ‘You need four to five people who can work for you, and each can bring in between 100 and 150 euros a day.

You can bring in 3000 euros a month.'
The young criminal gangs are taken to top tourists spots, including central London to steal from people. The reason for keeping the children moving between different countries is so that they can not be 'traced' to the adults exploiting them.
Another Romanian in the gang said he had 11 children working for him personally, with a 'clan chief' ultimately being responsible for the whole operation."

So it's like in Oliver Twist, gangs of pickpocketing children?!?

There seem to be gangs of them that pickpocket in the Parisien metro. My neighbour's mum who lives in Paris says that she and a few of her friends have been robbed during the day by gypsies that threaten them with knifes and cutters.

That's the problem: this is going to cause a lot of anti Roma hysteria to re-surface. The fact is that child trafficking is being done by a whole lot of different people/groups of people.

They've found her parents. They really need to have some contraceptive education over there.
"They left the kid because they have no money at all," the family matriarch who has about 50 grandchildren and great-grandchildren, said. "When the mother saw the child on TV, she went to the neighbors and told them, 'I was a fool to leave the kid there'.'"

Speaking at her mud-floored dwelling, Kasimova added: "If she doesn't take her home, then I will go there and I will take her home because I'm her great-grandmother."

Ruseva herself told Bulgarian TV on Thursday that she had once left a baby behind in Greece after working there.

"I didn't take any money," Ruseva said. "I just didn't have enough money to feed her. I intended to go back and take my child home, but meanwhile I gave birth to two more kids, so I was not able to go.”...
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...arian-roma-woman-is-her-mother?lite&GT1=43001