Girl Dies - Attacked by Family Pet

That's a Dogue de Bordeaux if that's the one that did it. But someone will call it a pit bull.

What a sad situation.

The woman who runs the rescue centre I got my dog Molly from was just on a TV programme talking about this case.

It's horrible to even think about that poor little girl and what she went through but this will negatively affect rescue centres as some people will remember this news story and see rescue dogs as dangerous.

After the news stories about the baby and the 14 year old girl who were mauled by dogs I read online that people were going to hand their dogs in to be rehomed or having them euthanised as they were worried their dog would attack their kids.:argh:

I just read this on a British forum.:mad: Some people make me want to scream!:fp:

At one stage it was said to be a Dogue de Bordeaux and I have just read on facebook that 1 rescue centre alone has had 12 calls this morning from people wanting to rehome their Dogues de Bordeaux which is really sad.

I just read this on a British forum.:mad: Some people make me want to scream!:fp:

At one stage it was said to be a Dogue de Bordeaux and I have just read on facebook that 1 rescue centre alone has had 12 calls this morning from people wanting to rehome their Dogues de Bordeaux which is really sad.

That is really sad for the dogs and unnecessary.

The dog was a bulldog and attack the poor little girl in front of her mum.

'Animal behaviour consultant Jennifer Dobson said the history and temperament of rescue dogs can sometimes be unclear.
She told Sky News: "Sometimes dogs are rescued and picked up as a stray - there's no history - and a kennel environment is not always the same as it behaves in the home."
Seventeen people have now been killed by dogs in the UK since 2005.
The four people to die in the last 12 months include eight-day-old Harry Harper - attacked by a Jack Russell, and Clifford Clarke, 79, believed to have been attacked by a bull mastiff cross breed.'

article-2487849-193B49C200000578-586_634x586.jpg

Stray: Leicester City Council have confirmed a dog warden took the dog off the streets and handed it into the kennels before Miss Hudson took it in

Last edited:

Years ago a GSD killed a small child near here. Everyone was turning in their GSDs to shelters. It was later learned the child's father beat the dog often with a rope. The child was playing with a jump rope when it happened. Now, who's fault was it? Hint: Not the child's or the dog's.

For as many dogs as there are living with people, severe attacks aren't all that common. A child is much more likely to be hurt or killed by a parent or another adult close to them than a dog.