Animal Advocacy CN News Coronavirus-People are Dumping Pets

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Warning : the link contains some graphic photos.

Following fears of coronavirus, Chinese citizens are now disposing of dogs and cats. Photos show corpses of the animals lining
the streets. Animal activists are breaking into homes to save pets, according to Reuters. :up:

Pet owners seem to be panicking after misinformation spread about the coronavirus and cats and dogs. Many villages mistakenly shared information saying the virus could be spread through animals. The World Health Organization denied the connection between pets and the disease, explaining that dogs and cats would not spread the virus.

This is heartbreaking and totally unnecessary.

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/coronavirus-update-chinese-citizens-begin-disposing-pets-footage-of-corpses-lining-streets/

KLS52

Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
I don’t want to read it. I’m already in a vulnerable state of mind. Must be awful though. :cry:

• ❤
Reactions: shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
I don’t want to read it. I’m already in a vulnerable state of mind. Must be awful though. :cry:
Yes, and that's why I put the warning above the text. Poor animals, they are already having a tough time in China as it is.

There is a lady that used to live across the road from me who has gone over there for 4 years. She is an activist and has already bought back a crippled cat who got adopted. She also saved quite a few dogs and they were flown to a sanctuary in the UK. :)

• ❤
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52

PTree15

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I can't read that, either. I don't think I could handle it. :(

• ❤
Reactions: shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
As Google is blocked in China, I suppose that the population gets their news from state owned media channels. There may be a lot of misinformation about the virus and animals.

• ❤
Reactions: PTree15
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jamie in Chile Health & Body 3
shyvas Health & Body 20