My Vegan Game is Coming Out Soon!

broldin

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I want to share a game with you that changed my life. Making this game, Do Animals Dream?, has helped me interrogate my own biases on animal welfare and ultimately led me to changing my diet. I made this game with my best friend from middle school Matthew, and he has become vegan as a result of making the game too.

The game has tons of cute animals to chat with in branching dialogue, several different endings based on player choices, and fun quests to do on the island! But behind that cute surface is a dark secret that the player needs to uncover as they piece together the truth about what happened to them.

We would really appreciate your thoughts on the game and how we should approach making games like this in the future. It's a difficult balance between creating great gameplay that people will enjoy playing and writing a memorable story with a message that people will connect with. Any feedback would be super helpful since we are still trying to improve it!

Email doanimalsdreamgame@gmail.com for a free version of game.

We will launch the game on steam on June 15th! (It'll be free for any one who pledges to go vegan for a week (on launch and for a little while after))

(It really helps if you add the game to your 'wishlist' on steam)

Do Animals Dream? on Steam

Very cool, I am not much of a gamer right now but I am an independent JavaScript developer with my own rough draft projects... Curious why you didn't want to keep it online with webGL? Offline web apps are pretty easy

Very cool, I am not much of a gamer right now but I am an independent JavaScript developer with my own rough draft projects... Curious why you didn't want to keep it online with webGL? Offline web apps are pretty easy
Hey there, thanks for your comment and kind words! I'm not too familiar with webGL but I think, from my limited knowledge, it has too many limitations for Do Animals Dream? like slow load times. I'm definitely interested to hear a different perspective if you think I'm wrong! Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for your comment and kind words! I'm not too familiar with webGL but I think, from my limited knowledge, it has too many limitations for Do Animals Dream? like slow load times. I'm definitely interested to hear a different perspective if you think I'm wrong! Thanks for your time.
I certainly dont have that much experience playing online games, I do know a few things work, especially in emulators and whatever else... I bet its possible to port your thing anyways but if you could make it work with the mobile browser (lots of constraints but thats the phone not the web) then you're in the "absolutely everybody" category... I want that for activism because its for a population of vegans all over the world and catering to only the elites who can afford the technology is sorta the thing we're trying to get away from... my thing works on $10 devices... I do need to update it, sorta derailed by shadow gangsters many many times but thats a different paragraph