My thoughts exactly!

I used to press my tofu for about 20 minutes until I noticed it didn't seem to make much difference (apart from the first three minutes) so now I only do it for about 3 minutes. But maybe I have a similarly firm type, or maybe I'm just uncultured. My cooking is great....as long as no-one else is subjected to it!

Reactions: SapphireLightning
Oh nice! That reminds me of the tofu I get around here in Maine. Heiwa tofu is the brand name, and it is made locally in Maine. Heiwa means peaceful in Japanese apparently. It comes in a vacuum seal bag and I like to say "It is hard enough to beat someone to death with" or sometimes call it "weaponized tofu" ironic given the name. ;)
Because of this brand, I haven't had to press tofu in years!

I discovered Super Firm tofu a year ago. I even started a thread on it. This is pretty much all i buy now.

Trader joes. or WildWood which is a local brand. At Whole Foods, they have another brand called Hodo. I don't go to Whole Foods that often but I want to try the Hodo. Maybe next week I'll make a special trip. they also make soymilk and according to their ad copy, their soymilk is extra thick - which might make some extra thick super firm tofu.

Reactions: HappyRoxy