My dog is ill. :(

MrsSchu2u

Forum Legend
Reaction score
She is my 9 year old lab. She vomited 3 times yesterday and once during the night. She is lethargic. This morning, she would only lift her head to greet me. This is the puppy that my daughter nicknamed "The Love Goddess" because she is so full of affection. We are taking her in today. I'd appreciate some kind thoughts and prayers.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope she will be ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you...please keep us posted. :hug:

She is my 9 year old lab. She vomited 3 times yesterday and once during the night. She is lethargic. This morning, she would only lift her head to greet me. This is the puppy that my daughter nicknamed "The Love Goddess" because she is so full of affection. We are taking her in today. I'd appreciate some kind thoughts and prayers.

:hug: Poor doggy. :( I'm sending out good vibes that it's not very serious and she gets better right away.

I'm hoping that she ate something she shouldn't have and that's why she's vomiting.

Acute pancreatitis... they are keeping her tonight to give her IV fluids and to restore her electrolytes. I'm a tearful mess.

Poor pup and poor you. Keeping good and positive thoughts that she will be ok. (((MrsSchu2u)))

Thank you. Just came back from the vet. She is getting fluids and antibiotics. They are trying a bland diet, but she really wants nothing to do with it. :(

Sending my best wishes for a quick recovery for your girl.

You'll need to feed her a special diet in the future, and be careful that she doesn't get into anything that is fatty. Once they have an attack of acute pancreatitis, they often seem to be easily prone to further attacks.

I also wanted to say that it's not unusual for a dog to not regain appetite for several days after an attack of pancreatitis.

I also wanted to say that it's not unusual for a dog to not regain appetite for several days after an attack of pancreatitis.
Yeah, she is also on an appetite stimulant. Today she has fluid in her lungs and they found a spot on her liver. I'm normally a pretty together person, but cannot stop crying. She is the best dog. My daughter doesn't remember life without her.