1 clove of pink garlic
150 ml vegetable stock
150 ml vegan cream
25 g vegan margerine
1 tbs Vermouth or port (optional)
a few drops of lemon juice
salt & freshly ground pepper

Wipe the mushrooms and thinly slice.
Melt the vegan margerine in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onion or shallots. Gently
cook for a few minutes until soft. Add the Vermouth or Port (if using) and leave to evaporate for a few seconds. Add the chopped garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook over low heat. Add the stock and cream, salt & pepper, increase the heat and cook for a further 5 mins.
Add a few drops of lemon juice.

Tip : You can blend half of the mixture in a food processor to obtain a slighty thicker sauce.
Serve with pasta, rice or with nut roast.

Reactions: Werewolf Girl
What is pink garlic? That recipe looks great and easy. :)

It is a variety of garlic that is very mild.

images

It would have to be thick so it depends on what kind of coconut milk you are using. I find that coconut cream works better for making sauces and milk is better for soups, curries or stews.
I thought about using full fat coconut milk and whipping it into a thick cream.I was thinking it would work in this if it's thick.

I thought about using full fat coconut milk and whipping it into a thick cream.I was thinking it would work in this if it's thick.

That wouldn't be a problem but don't whip it would loose it's bulk when heated. If you find the sauce not thick enough you can either use a thickener such as cornstarch or whizz up a small quantity of the sauce.

That wouldn't be a problem but don't whip it would loose it's bulk when heated. If you find the sauce not thick enough you can either use a thickener such as cornstarch or whizz up a small quantity of the sauce.
I'm going to try it.Will let you know.