TV & Film Movie Lounge

I got to catch up on a few older movies while I was cat-sitting for my friends, as they have lots of streaming options.
I watched:
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit: Pretty good overall, as I like Chris Pine.
All the Old Knives (OK, this one was from 2022, so not old): Another Chris Pine movie, also starring Thandie Newton. This oddly kept my attention even though it was kind of slow and more of a flashback sort of movie, but a good CIA/spy story.
Enemy of the State: I don't know how I missed this one the first time around. Really enjoyed it, and Gene Hackman is his usual great self. Will Smith was also very good.

we watched Chupa last night - it has a 5.6 rating and likely deserves it however we found it entertaining, a little bit sweet and a good way to spend 90 minutes - Christian Bale isn't hard to look at ... :rolleyes:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Oh, I could have watched Chupa.
I was in the mood for something exciting where I didn't have to think too much.
Watched Last Stand, staring Gov. Arnold. Two hours of car chasing and gun fights.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Watched “Reminiscence” on Amazon Prime last night - very cool Sci-Fi movie starring Hugh Jackman and Thandiwe Newton, as well as Rebecca Ferguson and Cliff Curtis, who I like a lot as villain. Very interesting depiction of climate change.

Also, “Tenet” is really good, even though it is not easy to comprehend due to Christopher Nolan’s non-linear storytelling.

John David Washington makes a compelling action hero, and Robert Pattinson is also growing on me.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
FANTASTIC.

I watched the newest Ant-Man movie. I thought the first two were pretty good. this one was bad.

You know what pisses me off? They spend all this money on special effects and the cast, and then don't spend any money on a creating a good script.

I watched the newest Ant-Man movie. I thought the first two were pretty good. this one was bad.

You know what pisses me off? They spend all this money on special effects and the cast, and then don't spend any money on a creating a good script.
That's disappointing. I loved the first two as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
A Tourist's Guide to Love is what we watched last night - although the storyline is pretty predictable the scenes of Vietnam were beautiful and we enjoyed it very much. A nice way to travel without leaving the couch.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
we watched Longest Third Date (documentary) last night - it was interesting... two people go on a third date to Costa Rica on March 17, 2020... you can guess why it turned into a very long date

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven and Lou
I haven't seen it yet but I've already read that the scenes with Rocket may be as life changing for this generation as Bambi was for mine.

Guardians Vol. 3 is a movie — like most other Marvel films — where violence is taken lightly, where countless, nameless extras are blown away without notice and where superpowered protagonists bounce back from trauma with a quip. But in this scene, one that could mean for young viewers today what Bambi’s mother being shot meant for their grandparents, lingers in the mind. The bodies may be computer generated, but their pain and horror feel real, precisely because they are so utterly helpless, at the mercy of a merciless intelligence that cares nothing for them beyond their utility, which is at an end.​