TV & Film Movie Lounge

Has anyone watched “Banshees of Inisherin”?

My wife wants to know whether it’s a tragedy - she doesn’t like to watch these.
The way she defines “tragedy” is basically when some of the main figures die (e.g. Ralf Fiennes in “The Constant Gardener”)
If you can answer this question, I would appreciate it.
Please put the answer in spoilers in order not to spoiler anybody’s experience of the movie.
I just watched it...

Reactions: Andy_T
Don’t see a spoiler like
Select the text you want to hide and use the “spoiler” function (crossed through eye button)

(But I can see what you posted when I select “reply”)

Watched “Promising Young Women” on Amazon Prime, very good movie, if you like revenge thrillers.
Was not surprised to learn this movie was nominated for 5 Oscars and won one.

Also watched “Tenet” on Netflix, also a very good movie.

I'm looking forward to this movie.

I suppose it answers the question what kind a movie would a 9 year old girl create if she had 100 million dollars to spend.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
has anyone watched Murder Mystery as Murder Mystery 2 is now available? I know they are silly but I just wondered if they are watchable and at least entertaining?

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

has anyone watched Murder Mystery as Murder Mystery 2 is now available? I know they are silly but I just wondered if they are watchable and at least entertaining?

Emma JC

I only managed the first 20 minutes before switching over to something else.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I watched Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat.
Another horror comedy.
It was kinda boring, had strong 90s' vibes....Of course, it had been released in 1990.
There was this one scene where a guy gets an umbrella driven through his abdomen, and as it has gone through, the umbrella opens. That was beautiful.

• Wow
I watched Encanto last night.

I thought it would have too much singing but it has just the right amount.
It did have a lot of characters and I had a hard time keeping them straight. although the film itself made a big effort to introduce everyone. There were several generations and everyone was related - sisters, aunts, in-laws, but I think by the end I had everyone's relationships figured out.
The message was a bit muddled - and issue or problem was a bit muddled too. but I think making it any clearer would have wandered into being "heavy handed". Kids are sensitive to that.

The "cultural stuff" very well done.

The depth, detail and richness were very good. I ended up spending quite a while in IMDB's trivia section -

Anyway despite my nit-picking - 👍👍

Thank you for your feedback - my honey decided we were watching it last night and it was bearable - silly but okay. I guess we will likely watch 2 tonight.

Emma JC

1 was better than 2. I just couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of the latter. :pensive: :sob:

• Friendly