TV & Film Movie Lounge

I was about to watch the first film GOTG film tomorrow as I wanted to see the new one at the cinema.

Is the new film so upsetting that I shouldn't bother going to see it?šŸ¤”

I haven't seen it yet but I've already read that the scenes with Rocket may be as life changing for this generation as Bambi was for mine.
PETA calls ā€˜GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3ā€™ ā€œthe best animal rights film of the year.ā€ They say the film has helped ā€œaudiences see animals as individuals and suggesting that just because we can experiment on them doesnā€™t mean we should.ā€

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
last night we rented A Man Called Otto with Tom Hanks and it was definitely worth the price - please do search for triggers before watching a the subject may be challenging for some - a great movie about community IMO

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I watched Mother on Netflix.
(well... it was Mother's Day)
It had gotten mixed reviews. well not so much mixed. Everyone thought it was "meh". but some of the reviewers thought it was more entertaining that others.

I liked it. Some of the backstory/premise couldn't withstand scrutiny but that's a pretty common complaint of mine.

The cast is ok but only Jenifer Lopez gets a lot of screen time and no-one gets a lot of dialogue. One guy said it's like Salt meets Taken.

Some good action sequences. A lot of shooting. Good wilderness scenery. And I liked the mother wolf and her cubs.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I watched Mother on Netflix.
(well... it was Mother's Day)
It had gotten mixed reviews. well not so much mixed. Everyone thought it was "meh". but some of the reviewers thought it was more entertaining that others.

I liked it. Some of the backstory/premise couldn't withstand scrutiny but that's a pretty common complaint of mine.

The cast is ok but only Jenifer Lopez gets a lot of screen time and no-one gets a lot of dialogue. One guy said it's like Salt meets Taken.

Some good action sequences. A lot of shooting. Good wilderness scenery. And I liked the mother wolf and her cubs.

we also watched The Mother last night and agree that had some good action scenes and the wolf was very cool - didn't bring up any emotion which is generally how I judge movies

Emma JC

we also watched The Mother last night and agree that had some good action scenes and the wolf was very cool - didn't bring up any emotion which is generally how I judge movies
I was worried about the wolf mom. and her cubs.
but also I liked when the females bonded towards the end.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
I have just watched "F9" the 2021 installment of the "Fast and Furious" franchise. "Fast X" is coming out and they will be wrapping up the saga with maybe one more movie. I have been a fan since the beginning. I love cars! (and Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker) The movies get wilder and crazier with each one and this one was so over the top crazy I was laughing out loud at the outrageous (impossible) stunts. But that is what is so much fun about these movies! Plus it has a big emphasis on friendship, love, and family. A really fun watch if you like non-stop impossible car chases and stunts and action.

We are seeing the new F&F tomorrow. I haven't seen all of them. I thought the first one was really good, but they got increasingly ridiculous. I have read this new one is entertaining so I will watch it at the cinema. :laughing:

watched two movies last night on Netflix and enjoyed them both - Invention of Lying with Ricky Gervais and a "based on a true horse story" 50 to 1 - the horse movie is especially good

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
last night was Reacher night - we watched both movies with Tom Cruise although we had seen them both before

maybe we will watch Season 1 of the series again to warm up for Season 2 - hopefully coming around September

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and Raven
I watched Mother's Day on Netflix.
This makes my second Mommy Assassin Movie and also my second Made In Poland movie this month.
4 out of 10.
If you need an action flick with a mom, stick with Jenifer Lopez's Mother. Although there were some good action/combat scenes.

Instant Family with Mark Walhberg - pretty sure we watched this not to long ago but my honey didn't remember it so we watched it again - it was okay - made us laugh and be a bit teary so that's good

Emma JC

Reactions: HappyRoxy and Lou
We went to see The boogieman last night. It was pretty creepy. The night stunk because the "kids" in the movie kept running in and out, talking and playing thing on their phone. So rude. It was loosely based on a Stephen King short story.
I have tickets to The Flash for opening weekend.