TV & Film Movie Lounge

We went and saw the flash last night. It was pretty good the nostalgia of having Michael Keaton being the Batman suit just was amazing. I quite enjoy the movie.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
We are going to see the new Indiana Jones film at the weekend. I was going to see the new Insidious, but it didn't get very good reviews.

Reactions: Emma JC
I finally got to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was good but not great.
Seems to be suffering from the "third in the series slump" or the basic letdown of the last couple of Marvel movies.

I had heard that the animal cruelty stuff ruined it for a lot of people. I didn't find it especially off-putting. I also thought it might have planted a seed in some people's minds about animal experimentation in general - which might end up with a net benefit. Maybe PETA should set up a booth in the lobby.

at the very end they pretty much spotlighted the sentience issue when they acted on rescuing "Higher Lifeforms". Maybe some people might stop and think or discuss the issues.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I am now watching "80 for Brady" which is a cute comedy starring Sally Field, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno and Jane Fonda. 4 older ladies who are huge Tom Brady fans go to the 2017 Super Bowl. Cute funny movie!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I am now watching "80 for Brady" which is a cute comedy starring Sally Field, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno and Jane Fonda. 4 older ladies who are huge Tom Brady fans go to the 2017 Super Bowl. Cute funny movie!
I think it might be based on a true story.

So cute, fantasy with Sam Neil.
Was under my radar but in my wheelhouse so I watched it last night.
Good but not great. 7.5/10

The social message was a little out of date but still ok. Also I read that it took them a long time to get this movie made.
The story was both fresh, original, and straight forward - so that was good. And good acting, decent special effects and nice set design. So happy there. the only thing I felt could have used improvement was the music. I didn't like the score from the get-go.

and the baby dragon needed a bigger part.

Colin and I were looking for something to watch last night on Amazon and he picked "Beast" starring Idris Elba. It was a stupid movie about a rogue lion who went around killing people after poachers came after his pride. The CGI was good, the plot mediocre and dumb! I didn't even finish watching it. It is a shame when good actors are in crappy movies! LOL

• Informative
I started watching the film the Lincoln Lawyer. I couldn't get into it but I think I'll try watching it some more this weekend. I saw that Star Trek Into Darkness just came to Netflix. I'll watch it later - but I started re-watching the older one, Star Trek. It's also on Netflix.

Colin and I were looking for something to watch last night on Amazon and he picked "Beast" starring Idris Elba. It was a stupid movie about a rogue lion who went around killing people after poachers came after his pride. The CGI was good, the plot mediocre and dumb! I didn't even finish watching it. It is a shame when good actors are in crappy movies! LOL

I also couldn`t watch that film! o_O