TV & Film Movie Lounge

Lately I have enjoyed watching old black and white horror films from the 40's and 50's. Movies that star Bela Lugosi and also those that star Vincent Price.

Reactions: Emma JC
Fast X was ridiculous! There were so many famous people in it. I hadn't seen it since the 6th one, maybe. I did watch it to the end, though.

I started rewatching White House Down after on Netflix, but got too tired.

we started watching Champions with Woodie Harrelson - we will finish watching today - it is very good... (and filmed in Winnipeg for the most part) using actors that are real to the parts played

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
I'm about to watch Miss Americana, the Taylor Swift documentary, on Netflix.
I'm surprised you haven't seen that already.

There is an earlier documentary. it's about one of the first tours. I really really liked that one. Can't remember the name tho.

I'm surprised you haven't seen that already.

There is an earlier documentary. it's about one of the first tours. I really really liked that one. Can't remember the name tho.
You told me about it. 1989 tour I think. I watched that back then.

I really liked this one too.

Reactions: Lou
No walk today. There was no break in the rain at all. Bummer.

Last night my sister and I watched a movie on Netflix called "missing". It was about a teen girl searching for her missing mother and is heavy on social media stuff. It was really good. Lots of twists and turns.

Last night my sister and I watched a movie on Netflix called "missing". It was about a teen girl searching for her missing mother and is heavy on social media stuff. It was really good. Lots of twists and turns.
I saw that at the cinema and liked it. I also liked the first one Searching. Well, it is a different storyline, but similar to the second one.

I watched a horror film called Prom Night (2008) as I read it was popular on Netflix at the moment. Idris Elba was the detective in it. It wasn't great. 6/10.

• Informative
I saw that at the cinema and liked it. I also liked the first one Searching. Well, it is a different storyline, but similar to the second one.
I think I saw that one too because this one did seem similar. Was that about a Dad looking for his daughter?

I think I saw that one too because this one did seem similar. Was that about a Dad looking for his daughter?
I want to see that one.
I hadn't realized this concept was so popular.
After a little googling I discovered that this is actually a sub-genre of the mystery genre. Aptly named Missing Person Mystery.
And after just a few minutes reflection I realized that there are so many examples that I have seen - although I don't think I'm a fan of the subgenera, I am a sucker for a good mystery.
As it turns out Missing has been such a big hit, it inspired a Collider article: a list of 13 Best Movies About Missing Persons.

Missing is one of this year's most anticipated thrillers and has had an impressive box office run since its release on January 20th. The movie is a modern take on a missing person's case that relies on the digital world of the internet and social media but still sticks to the common tropes of a classic mystery.​
I've seen (and/or read the books) of about half of these. Oddly the top two on the list were my least favorite. Number seven, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is my favorite of the bunch.

I'm going to add Searching , Missing and Gone Baby Gone to my list of movies to watch.

Yes, they were both really good!
As it turns out Missing has been such a big hit, it inspired a Collider article: a list of 13 Best Movies About Missing Persons.
I have seen a few on that list. I might watch a couple more as I like that type of film too.

Just a warning is that I'm sure I read that Prisoners is meant to be extremely violent so that is why I didn't watch that one.

Reactions: Lou and Chryssie
I watched Fear Street Part 1 the other night on Netflix. It's a horror set in the 90s. The next one is set in the 70s.
I rewatched this today although I didn't remember much of it at all! There are links with Stranger Things in the trilogy. I am going to watch the next two films in the series this week. I read online there is a 4th version probably coming out in 2024.

We got a fire stick so I am rewatching The Faculty now as well.