TV & Film Movie Lounge

We went to see The boogieman last night. It was pretty creepy. The night stunk because the "kids" in the movie kept running in and out, talking and playing thing on their phone. So rude. It was loosely based on a Stephen King short story.
I have tickets to The Flash for opening weekend.
We are probably going to see that next week.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
Have seen a few good movies recently:

"Judas and the Black Messiah" on Amazon Prime, very good movie about a very bad chapter of American history

"CODA (Child Of Deaf Adults)" on AppleTV+, a remake of the earlier French movie "La famille Belier", but notable as the most important topic of the movie is a family in which everybody but the titular heroine are deaf, and - as opposed to the original - the deaf persons are played by deaf actors, so the remake is much more genuine and inclusive in that respect. While I liked the original when watching it first, I have since heard that many deaf people find the movie offensive as the hearing actors did not do a good job to represent them correctly and exaggerated some aspects.

"Tetris" on AppleTV+, a movie on ancient (80's :p ) history, well played and likely somehow in line with real events.
What I did not like about this movie was the technical aspect that it was not possible to stream this on my TV using my original Apple HDMI adapter, while every other content on AppleTV+ (or any other streaming service) typically does not pose that problem. WTF?

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
We just watched The Last Winter. I had read that it was a similar horror if you liked The Thing. I did like it, but it was more a horror/thriller. It was quite old, 2006, I think.

We only have Freeview in the hotel room so I'm watching Sweet Home Alabama. I have seen it before, but I can't really remember it.

Reactions: Emma JC
I thought Sweet Home Alabama was pretty boring. The second Jack Reacher film was on afterwards, but I fell asleep almost as soon as it started.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Stand On It - a movie that incorporates Dukes of Hazard (including John Schneider, Bo Duke).... my honey was watching it while I read, we skipped most of the end as it is was pretty awful

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I watched Freaks on Netflix. I actually had seen it before but forgot, and by the time I realized it I was happy doing a re-watch. It's a German film but is dubbed and I have found that I have increased my tolerance for that. Or maybe the Netflix corporation just does a much better job at it.

Anyway it's well crafted and I think it had aspirations as far as meaning and relevance that it didn't quite attain but still very enjoyable.

• Informative
I watched the new Aurora Teagarden movie on Hallmark. I didn't even have the Hallmark Chanel loaded onto my Roku till last night. I may have seen one Teagarden mystery before. But I wanted to watch this one cause I'm a fan of the actress Skyler Samuels who plays Aurora.

It wasn't that great. but not bad and if there is another I'll probably watch it too.

The director or writers pretty much telegraphed the murderer. I do like it when all the necessary clues are on the table early on - but not to the point where I can figure it out before the detective. Sometime I think they might do that on purpose - maybe they figure viewers like it. Like, look how smart I am.

not having seen any Teagarden mysteries before I got the impression that Aurora was a grown up Nancy Drew.

• Informative