TV & Film Movie Lounge

I really liked The Woman in the Window. I thought the cast was excellent and I enjoyed it. I was crying at one point. I don't understand why it got such bad reviews here. I would give it 9/10.

Reactions: Lou and shyvas
I really liked The Woman in the Window. I thought the cast was excellent and I enjoyed it. I was crying at one point. I don't understand why it got such bad reviews here. I would give it 9/10.
Thanks. I think a lot of us were putting it off till we heard a good review.

I've started Shawdow and Bone on Netflix. I've only watched two episodes and I'm really confused. I'm not sure if I missed some important "facts" in the beginning. Maybe they are presenting it this way to add to mystery and suspense. its based on the book so maybe they figure everyone watching it already has read the book - which seems unfair.

we tried to watch it last night and turned it off about 15 minutes in.... sorry, I did try

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas and Raven

I haven’t seen a movie in a theater since 2015, so the closing of the theaters last year didn’t bother me at all. I’m still not going back to the theaters, but I know a lot of people are anxious to return. Anyone interested in what’s coming this summer? Planning to go out to the cinema or will you watch at home?
I would go to Mondays - senior citizen day whenever something good showed up. I would get there early and reserve a good seat and then go out to dinner.

I my mechanic is near the theatre and a couple times a year I would being in my car and go see a movie while they worked on it. My car is over due for a service so that might happen again.

I haven’t seen a movie in a theater since 2015, so the closing of the theaters last year didn’t bother me at all. I’m still not going back to the theaters, but I know a lot of people are anxious to return. Anyone interested in what’s coming this summer? Planning to go out to the cinema or will you watch at home?
I try and go to "theatre worthy" movies, and am looking forward to this one:

Reactions: Lou
I watched it last night. I would say 8/10, not amazing. It was kind of a thriller with a twist.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I was pretty proud of myself when I was like "I told you so. Should have build that wall near the entryway to break the wind."
This was very interesting movie/document. He was resourceful and resilient.

Warning: brutal fish killing scenes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
This documentary is better. More bushcraft and no talking. And look at those wrists. My scrawny wrists look like chickens legs compared to her beautiful strong wrists. In a bear country you aren't supposed to eat near your camp, but then again she has the guard dog...

Last edited by a moderator: