TV & Film Movie Lounge

Sheesh. You ever hear of pacing yourself?
I just watched one episode last night. so I'm on episode 3.

Have you heard anything about another season or it is too soon?
from what I've read it will be mid-2022 before season 2 arrives

we watch while we eat dinner and then keep watching until bedtime... no need for pacing :D

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
watched Boss Level the other night - it is very interesting although very violent in a funny groundhog day sort of way

last night watched Late Night with Emma Thompson, seems like we had watched it before, it was just okay

best part of the night.... we started watched Anne with an E on Netflix, not sure if it is available in other countries - it is another Anne of Green Gables series and wow, we are loving it - both of us were laughing and crying and for me that it the mark of a good show, it makes me feel something and that is just the first two episodes we watched - the actress playing Anne is really really good

Emma JC

I watched a movie called The Peanut Butter Falcon, which I just loved!
A friend told me about it some time ago but I forgot about it until last weekend. It is truly one of those heartwarming stories that will cause your eyes to well up and leak....if you're weak like me. lol

Here's the story line from IMDb:
The Peanut Butter Falcon is an adventure story set in the world of a modern Mark Twain that begins when Zak (22), a young man with Down syndrome, runs away from the nursing home where he lives to chase his dream of becoming a professional wrestler by attending the wrestling school The Salt Water Redneck. Through circumstances beyond their control Tyler (32), a small-time outlaw on the run, becomes Zak's unlikely coach and ally. Together they wind through deltas, elude capture, drink whisky, find God, catch fish, and convince Eleanor (28), a kind nursing home employee with a story of her own, to join them on their journey.

Reactions: Emma JC
watched Boss Level the other night - it is very interesting although very violent in a funny groundhog day sort of way

last night watched Late Night with Emma Thompson, seems like we had watched it before, it was just okay

best part of the night.... we started watched Anne with an E on Netflix, not sure if it is available in other countries - it is another Anne of Green Gables series and wow, we are loving it - both of us were laughing and crying and for me that it the mark of a good show, it makes me feel something and that is just the first two episodes we watched - the actress playing Anne is really really good

Emma JC
Hadn't heard of Boss Level. so I googled it. Man it has an amazing cast. I put it on my list.

I haven't seen Late Night. Maybe I'll put it on the bottom of my list.

I had been considering putting Anne With an E on my list. But wasn't sure... now I will.

Streaming on Disney+ and Hulu:

• Elephant (Disney+)
  • America's National Parks (2015) (Disney+)
  • Jane Goodall: The Hope (Disney+)
  • The Biggest Little Farm (Hulu)

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
I went and watched it too.
I was impressed by the cast list but then afterwards I felt a little bit cheated. Almost everyone but 2 - 3 members are just the next best thing to cameo appearances. But over all I really enjoyed it. The ground hog day plot is still rare enough to be interesting. I can only think of a few ground hog day movies. Source Code and the Edge of Tomorrow are the only ones I can think of. Anyone know of others? Can recommend?

best part of the night.... we started watched Anne with an E on Netflix,

I had been thinking on watching Anne. It was even on my list. Its a TV series not a movie and I am careful with those because of the commitment angle. Although I think I'm getting better and not watching a series all the way to the end. (mostly I will watch at least a handful of episode to give it a fair chance. and then the see it to the end mentality kicks in. )

Also Anne is one of the few books in that category* I still haven't read. The first thing that impressed me in the movie was the scenery. And I've always been a big fan of dialog and Anne's dialog (or most often monologues) is great. I am also a big fan of accurate historical depictions. Sets, costumes, and people's opinions. and this movie is perfect. Of course it helps that the author actually lived at the same time the novel is set. but that only helps with the script.

Anyway, two thumbs up. I'm almost half way thru the first season.

And just found out the the actress playing Anne is going to be in the next season of Stranger Things. I can't wait!

* Books that Girls read. I only started reading them as an adult. As a boy I was more into Science Fiction. I put Alcot, Austin, and Eyre in those categories. And so far I really like the movies those books are based on.

• Love
I went and watched it too.
I was impressed by the cast list but then afterwards I felt a little bit cheated. Almost everyone but 2 - 3 members are just the next best thing to cameo appearances. But over all I really enjoyed it. The ground hog day plot is still rare enough to be interesting. I can only think of a few ground hog day movies. Source Code and the Edge of Tomorrow are the only ones I can think of. Anyone know of others? Can recommend?
How about Groundhog Day? Bill Murray?

Not really the same plot as ground hog day, but a shifting of time, in some way.
The Time Traveler's Wife (he travels in time), Benjamin Button (he grows young), The Age of Adeline (she doesn't grow old), Next (he can see for a short time into the future), and of course living each day as though it is their first day, 50 First Dates.

I had been thinking on watching Anne. It was even on my list. Its a TV series not a movie and I am careful with those because of the commitment angle. Although I think I'm getting better and not watching a series all the way to the end. (mostly I will watch at least a handful of episode to give it a fair chance. and then the see it to the end mentality kicks in. )

And just found out the the actress playing Anne is going to be in the next season of Stranger Things. I can't wait!

so glad you enjoyed Boss Level - it is weird and cool

just finished the last episode of Anne with an E last night and we thoroughly enjoyed it all - my honey actually thought Anne was real person as he has visited Green Gables on Prince Edward Island - it took a few minutes and a few facts to convince him otherwise - most of it was filmed here in Ontario, outside of Toronto, as there wasn't enough space on PEI for the whole cast and crew to stay there - many of the beautiful ocean scenes were obviously filmed there but the house and village scenes were not (for the most part) - it is beautifully done

that will be interesting to see Amybeth in Stranger Things - she is an amazing actor

Emma JC

@feather
I bet some may have already written a book on it. Or at least an article. The Seven Plots of Time Travel . I loved Time Travelers wife - that is the unstuck in time plot. I guess Age of Adeline and Benjamin Button could go in the same bucket. 50 first dates isn't really a time travel movie but it's story is a ground hog type of story.

just finished the last episode of Anne with an E last night and we thoroughly enjoyed it all - my honey actually thought Anne was real person as he has visited Green Gables on Prince Edward Island - it took a few minutes and a few facts to convince him otherwise -

I'm almost done with season one. Starting to lose interest. but I'll at least finish S 1.

I could look this up but I think I'll just ask you.
I know that that some of the houses they show on TV really do exist. Part of some historical preserve. Did the houses exist before the novels? Is there a good story about this?

I'm almost done with season one. Starting to lose interest. but I'll at least finish S 1.

I could look this up but I think I'll just ask you.
I know that that some of the houses they show on TV really do exist. Part of some historical preserve. Did the houses exist before the novels? Is there a good story about this?

wiki has the best answer - Green Gables (Prince Edward Island) - Wikipedia

Emma JC

I watched "Selma" last night. I don't know how I missed this movie from 2014! It was very moving and brought me to tears. So sad that this subject of voter suppression is still relevant today, 50 years later! Outstanding cast of familiar faces!

Its tragical* that is still so relevant.

If you like that kind of history, mixed in with some true crime, check out the podcast series, White Lies from NPR.

In 1965, Reverend James Reeb — a Unitarian minister and civil-rights activist — was killed during the voting rights movement in Selma. After three men were tried and acquitted for his murder, the city's white community buried the truth. More than 50 years later, two native Alabamians return to Selma to uncover the truth about who killed James Reeb, and to delve into the systems of oppression and violence that allowed it to happen.​

* Yes. I've started talking like Anne with an E.

The last few days we've watched Fatherhood (Kevin Hart) it was good and also Long Shot (Charlize Theron & Seth Rogen) - liked them both and especially liked Long Shot. Think we will watch Silver Skates tonight unless it is all subtitles then we will skip it.

Emma JC