TV & Film Movie Lounge

The Gift I just watched was the older one. I had seen the other one too. I liked District 9.

The older one is on Netflix. It doesn't sound like my cup of tea.. i think i might like the new one, tho.

How come my list of "movies to watch" is getting longer? same with my TV shows list, and my books to read list. You would think with the quarantine it would be getting shorter.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
The older one is on Netflix. It doesn't sound like my cup of tea.. i think i might like the new one, tho.

How come my list of "movies to watch" is getting longer? same with my TV shows list, and my books to read list. You would think with the quarantine it would be getting shorter.
oh, wait I misread 2000 as 2020. the one with kate Blanchet is the "2000" one and is really the old one. the one on Netflix is really the "newer" one.

I've actually seen the old one but it was so long ago. I think I liked it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I just watched the 2013 movie "Snowpiercer" which is a disturbing dystopian story about survivors of a climate change disaster. I liked it though it is very violent and bloody. A TNT series has been made based on this movie.
I saw in when it first was released on DVD. It had/has some good reviews. I didn't like it. A lot.

The cast, the action sequences, the sets and stuff are all great.

Most of the time, unbelievable premises don't affect my viewing pleasure. but for one reason or another I just couldn't get past it this time.

I've heard that the TV show is not nearly as good.

Last edited:
^ Someone texted me about that film this week as he had just watched it. I hadn't even heard of it.

^ Someone texted me about that film this week as he had just watched it. I hadn't even heard of it.
There was some kind of in-studio issues. when it went to the theaters it went as what they called a limited something or other. For me that means I would have to go to another city to watch it. I'm almost sure I saw it as soon as it came out on DVD. oh I'm not sure how I watched movies back then. Maybe I was still getting DVDs form blockbuster. so I might have had to wait some more.

Maybe a contributing factor in my not liking it was anticipation. cause I had heard it was good and then had to a long time to see it. so it gave me time for added expectations. Oh and I think I also was turned off by all the violence.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I had never heard of that movie either. I saw an ad on TV about the TV series so I thought it looked interesting and found the DVD at the library. I didn't even recognize Chris Evans! It was not very believable and was really violent but by the end I was pretty into it. I might check out the TV show just out of curiosity.

• Informative
We watched the new Bill & Ted movie last weekend. It was not good ...
Oh. I still haven't seen the one before. I was thinking of watching it first. You may have just saved me a whole lot of time.

I did really like the first one. I re-watched it last winter.

I really liked Knives Out. :)

I thought London Has Fallen was awful. I didn't sit through the whole film. I thought the first film was good.

I really liked Knives Out. :)

I thought London Has Fallen was awful. I didn't sit through the whole film. I thought the first film was good.
I agree that the first "Fallen" movie was good which is why I watched the second one. It was weird to me that it was so boring even though it was action!

We watched The Cleansing Hour and I thought it was one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time.:eek::)

Max and Drew run a popular webcast that streams "live exorcisms" watched by millions across the globe. In reality, the exorcisms are just elaborately staged hoaxes performed by paid actors. But their fortunes take a turn when one of the actors becomes possessed by an actual demon and takes the crew hostage. In front of a rapidly growing audience, the demon subjects the crew to a series of violent challenges, threatening to expose the dark secrets they've been hiding from each other unless they come clean and reveal they're impostors before the show is over.

We watched The Cleansing Hour and I thought it was one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for the rec, I watched that last night. Great premise and I liked the way it ended.

Tonight I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe, it was really good! Creepy and original.