TV & Film Movie Lounge

We are watching Little Evil. It's a comedy on Netflix about a man who thinks his 6 year old stepson is evil. Quite funny so far. Lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
That film was good. I hadn't seen Evangeline Lilly in anything since Lost but she was in that film and The Invitation film that I saw the other week.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Sax
The Invitation was really good. I liked how it maintained tension without relying on jump scares or the characters making stupid decisions. I tend to like movies that take place in on room/location with most of the story happening through dialogue. The Man from Earth is probably my favorite example of that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
We just watched Sputnik on Netflix. A sci-fi horror. I thought it was decent enough.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm watching so many films these days. I finally got around to watching The Girl on the Train. I read the book when it came out and I guessed the villain straight away.

I thought the film was surprisingly good as I thought I had read some terrible reviews.

I saw "The Girl on the Train" but I must not have been very impressed because I don't remember much about it. I think it got better towards the end. I have not read the book.

Reactions: 1956
I saw "The Girl on the Train" but I must not have been very impressed because I don't remember much about it. I think it got better towards the end. I have not read the book.
I was thinking the same thing! I know that I saw it and not all that long ago but, I can’t remember Anything about it!

The film The Girl on the Train reminded me a bit of Gone Girl, although I didn't like the film or the book of that. I started them both but didn't finish either.

I rented The Boatniks, a live action Disney movie from 1970, from Google Play last week, and watched it on Saturday. I’ve seen a lot of live action Disney movies, but that was the one that got away; I never saw it before. It was a box office flop when it came out, and for good reason. It’s not one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, but it’s not one of the best, either. It has a decent cast but a lot of wasted potential.

Verdict: Graded a “C” - If you’re looking for an older live action Disney movie to rent that’s not Mary Poppins, I’d recommend something like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or The Shaggy Dog. (Two of my favorites.) The Boatniks was just too disappointing.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I rented The Boatniks, a live action Disney movie from 1970, from Google Play last week, and watched it on Saturday. I’ve seen a lot of live action Disney movies, but that was the one that got away; I never saw it before. It was a box office flop when it came out, and for good reason. It’s not one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, but it’s not one of the best, either. It has a decent cast but a lot of wasted potential.

Verdict: Graded a “C” - If you’re looking for an older live action Disney movie to rent that’s not Mary Poppins, I’d recommend something like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or The Shaggy Dog. (Two of my favorites.) The Boatniks was just too disappointing.
My favourite Disney film is The Nine Lives of Tommasina...Beautiful story about a ginger kitty...

• Informative
Reactions: Amy SF and Lou
My whole life is Netflix at the moment as we are in lockdown and my husband self-isolating. I was looking online at what the best horror films were but didn't really see anything I wanted to watch, that I hadn't already seen, that is!

I looked what was trending on Netflix and we watched two films last night. The Vanished and Below Zero. I enjoyed both of them. I don't think I have ever watched so many films since I was a teenager. :D

What is Below Zero, the Spanish action movie that’s No. 1 on Netflix?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I watched "Bombshell" last night. It was released in 2019 and is very good. Lots of great actors and a true story.
OH, I had that on my list and forgot about it. Good reminder.

I watched Homefront on Netflix. Not great but a good action flick. It had a little girl, a horse, and a kitten and I became very invested in their well-being. Probably a cheap trick by the writers but it was effective.

We watched Greenland (a disaster film) on Amazon Prime, I liked it but it was just exactly what you would expect and didn't have many surprises.

I saw another Netflix horror last night. The Vigil. I thought that was very well done and I almost jumped out of my skin at one point! :joy:

The Vigil Review | Movie - Empire