TV & Film Movie Lounge

It would have made the underwear scene a lot nicer IMO.

I liked the way that scene wasn't titillating although I remember I did study that film at uni too and some people think there is a whole sexual undercurrent to the film apparently. I thought it made her seem more vulnerable to have her without any weapons and in her underwear as that would be the most frightening time to face that thing!:)

Just saw Red Lights in the cinema & actually quite enjoyed it, although some bits were pretty ott & the ending was too abrupt/didn't explain anything?

The Generals Daughter....rewatch for me...watched again cause my sweetie hadnt seen it ...I liked the movie...even though I am not a bigg john travolta fan.

peace:)

I liked the way that scene wasn't titillating although I remember I did study that film at uni too and some people think there is a whole sexual undercurrent to the film apparently. I thought it made her seem more vulnerable to have her without any weapons and in her underwear as that would be the most frightening time to face that thing!:)

Actually the aliens themselves are apparently based on a blurring of human sexual characteristics. Weird stuff.

If you get a chance to read past interviews with Ridley Scott he would tell you that his intention was to make str8 male audience members squirm in their chairs. He said that when filming Alien he was tired of horror films always abusing the women in the crowd, so he devised an alien who would make men in the audience squirm for a change... for instance the facehugger who stuck his apendage down a man's throat... and resulted in a violent birth. Giger was a genius in this apsect.

If you get a chance to read past interviews with Ridley Scott he would tell you that his intention was to make str8 male audience members squirm in their chairs. He said that when filming Alien he was tired of horror films always abusing the women in the crowd, so he devised an alien who would make men in the audience squirm for a change... for instance the facehugger who stuck his apendage down a man's throat... and resulted in a violent birth. Giger was a genius in this apsect.
Mmhmm.

Despite my protest to not watch the remake of 21 Jumpstreet, I ended up caving in and watching it last night. I admit defeat and I admit that I found it entertaining and funny. It's nothing like the original show, but I was glad to see all the homage paid to it throughout the movie even if it was through subtle references here and there.
It was also really awesome that a lot of the original cast showed up for cameos.

Reactions: Francesca_Bee
Just watched Prometheus! It was great.

I'm not sure what they did with the Xenomorphs, though. Why do all the creatures in this series have to have such insanely complicated life cycles?

I liked Prometheus as well.

Maybe the insanely complicated life cycles of the aliens are related to the fact that genetic engineering produced many different incarnations of the xenomorph?

Regardless, it's all just good movie-going fun. :p

Re-watched Into the Wild (2007) tonight... it's great film and I liked it a lot... but he's still a dumbass.

Reactions: Rosie1
Despite my protest to not watch the remake of 21 Jumpstreet, I ended up caving in and watching it last night. I admit defeat and I admit that I found it entertaining and funny. It's nothing like the original show, but I was glad to see all the homage paid to it throughout the movie even if it was through subtle references here and there.
It was also really awesome that a lot of the original cast showed up for cameos.

thats cool but no richard grieco no me...hehe

peace:)

My sister and I went out to the movies tonight...we saw a pretty nifty indie film called Safety Not Guaranteed. If you're looking for something to see this summer that's a little different from the usual cookie-cutter relationship dramas, I recommend this.

Watched Rachel Getting Married last night, a critically acclaimed pile of crap. I don't understand why it had such good reviews, it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Reactions: thefadedone