TV & Film Movie Lounge

Watched “The French Dispatch” (of the Liberty, Kansas, Sun weekend edition newspaper) on Disney.

If you like Wes Anderson movies, you’ll likely love this one, as well. Have since then been bingeing on old Wes Anderson movies. Watched “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou” yesterday, and will likely watch “The Darjeeling Limited” today.

Unfortunately, my wife is not a big fan. While she liked “The Grand Budapest Hotel”, she did not want to watch “Isle of Dogs”, and if I remember correctly, she fell asleep when we were watching “The Royal Tenenbaums” on VHS when it came out some 20 years ago. Need to watch that one as well, too.

You see, I quite like his movies.

Last edited:
This came up on my phone yesterday. More People Need to Watch the Best Sci-Fi Movie on Prime Video - CNET

We watched Coherence last night. I really liked it, but it was quite weird! :D

My husband watched Uncut Gems the other day. We had started watching it a while ago, but I couldn't really get into it at all. He said it was a very good film. I have read that Adam Sandler should have got an Oscar for his performance in that movie.

Reactions: Emma JC
Reactions: Emma JC and Andy_T
I watched Believe Me last night (Netflix) and really enjoyed it as it's a true story with a very happy ending.
Excellent acting despite some of the scenes being very difficult to watch:

I like a good comedy but despite my favourite actrice Diane Keaton who had the leading role, it didn't do it for me. Moreover,
she looked so frightfully skinny in shorts.

• Wow
the last two movies we watched were:

Dolittle
with Robert Downey Jr, Antonio Banderas and lots of other great actors - a different twist on Dolittle and it isn't highly rated and yet we found it entertaining

The Hunt
with Betty Gilpin & Hilary Swank - there is a LOT of blood and guts (almost all human) and yet we laughed a lot... it is sly satire, horror, thriller - we definitely enjoyed it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I didn't like the first one that much.
Did you like the first one?
Is this one better?
I loved the first! I felt they both shared the same vibe, so you probably wouldn't like this one either

Reactions: Lou