TV & Film Movie Lounge

watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs last night - felt like we'd seen it before

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I found that movie very interesting, watched it some time ago. While I can hardly remember the content of some of the 6 stories, the one with Harry Melling (« Meal ticket ») was incredible, memorable and profoundly disturbing in equal parts.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
Another very good movie on Netflix: « Munich - Edge of War » about a British civil servant (personal secretary to Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain) who is forced to attend the 1938 Munich Conference on the Sudetenland as one of his former Oxford study colleagues, now working in the German Diplomatic Corps, requests to meet him to provide him with top secret information on Hitlers real military plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
The Batman was pretty good. It was just kind of long. It was very noir detective more than actual like old Batman but I loved it. Robert Pattinson did a great job, I'm not sure who the best Batman is. Definitely not Ben Affleck no. I mean I love Adam West Batman. I'm on my cat's are named after Batman character so I love that man.

Just watched the new « Westside Story » movie by Stephen Spielberg on Disney Plus.

If you like musicals and dance movies, you will likely enjoy this one.
I had never before seen Westside Story, so my wife and me enjoyed it.

Spoiler: As this is based on the story of « Romeo and Juliet », don’t expect a happy ending.

Background info: Ariana de Bose is nominated for the Oscar as « Best supporting actress », and I can see why she was nominated. It is interesting that they put inside a female role for Rita Moreno, who is a 90-year old Puertorican actress who won that exact same Oscar for that exact same role in 1961, 60 years ago.

Watched The Adam Project. (on Netflix)

I had been looking forward to watching this movie since I first heard about it. Its been a long time since I watched a movie on the same day as its release. Also this was the first time in a while that I watched a movie because I really wanted to and not just because it was "available".

Anyway not disappointed. It was very good. Although in many ways its just a campy, action, adventure comedy, its also quite a bit more. There is a lot of serious stuff going on. Not only is the serious stuff not in the way of enjoying all the action stuff, but I just read a review saying that it was the best part of the movie.

The youngster, both the actor and the character is really great. I don't think its a stretch to say he stole a few of the scenes from Reynolds.

The soundtrack is pretty awesome. A lot like Guardians of the Galaxy. I may check it out later but I got the impression there was some overlap.

There are a lot of scenes that are call backs to classic sci fi. Too many to be accidental. Still not sure to classify them as homage or ripoff. However I liked them - not even sure I caught them all.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Watched The Adam Project. (on Netflix)

I had been looking forward to watching this movie since I first heard about it. Its been a long time since I watched a movie on the same day as its release. Also this was the first time in a while that I watched a movie because I really wanted to and not just because it was "available".

Anyway not disappointed. It was very good. Although in many ways its just a campy, action, adventure comedy, its also quite a bit more. There is a lot of serious stuff going on. Not only is the serious stuff not in the way of enjoying all the action stuff, but I just read a review saying that it was the best part of the movie.

The youngster, both the actor and the character is really great. I don't think its a stretch to say he stole a few of the scenes from Reynolds.

The soundtrack is pretty awesome. A lot like Guardians of the Galaxy. I may check it out later but I got the impression there was some overlap.

There are a lot of scenes that are call backs to classic sci fi. Too many to be accidental. Still not sure to classify them as homage or ripoff. However I liked them - not even sure I caught them all.

We also watched it last night and we loved it. Well worth watching and it was filmed in the Vancouver, Canada area as well, such beautiful scenery. Soundtrack with lots of Pete Townshend, Led Zeppelin, and Boston and other upbeat artists.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I find it interesting that no one (including me) has watched the new documentary Bad Vegan.

My excuse is that I am not a fan of True Crime stories. Also its something like 4 hours long.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
The Invisible Man got a lot better last night. I was an hour into it and it was quite slow but then the last hour was much more action packed.

I watched Legacy of Lies on Netflix. It is a Ukrainian film which with everything going on in Ukraine perked my interest. It starts off with a lot of gratuitous violence but either you get used to it or it throttles it back.
When it was over, I wasn't sure it made complete sense. And I hesitate to think about the ending.
It did keep my interest throughout but I'm not sure I can recommend it to anyone.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I find it interesting that no one (including me) has watched the new documentary Bad Vegan.

My excuse is that I am not a fan of True Crime stories. Also its something like 4 hours long.

My honey is away so I tried to watch it last night - I did watch the first episode (of 4) and decided my time was better spent reading... it is really nothing to do with veganism and is all to do with deception and greed and abuse etc. The male protagonist uses a line on her that I had tried on me many years ago in a bar in South Carolina "I am with the a secret government agency and I was part of the crew that helped the Canadians rescue the American hostages from the embassy in Tehran". After getting away from the bar, and him, I spent a sleepless night worrying that he was going to break into our hotel room. This must be a favourite line of men in bars and it must work a decent amount of the time or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Emma JC

My honey is away so I tried to watch it last night - I did watch the first episode (of 4) and decided my time was better spent reading... it is really nothing to do with veganism and is all to do with deception and greed and abuse etc.
Meanwhile, its 100% on rotten tomatoes

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC