TV & Film Movie Lounge

I really am looking forward to the new Jurassic park film out this summer. I saw a trailer today. They have brought some of the original characters back.

It's my birthday next month and I'm thinking about seeing the new Batman. It is really long, though. I'm sure it said 175 mins!

finished watching Power of the Dog last night - meh for me - a whole lot of 'not much happening' and my honey fell asleep again so that about sums it up

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
last night we rented Nine Days on iTunes (99 cents) and it was a very interesting/different movie - it is from 2020 and yet seems like it would have been filmed back in the 70's - A man interviews five unborn souls to determine which one should be given a new life on Earth, with the unchosen ones facing oblivion - I love this kind of stuff... and the final 5 minutes are worth watching the whole movie

Emma JC

• Friendly
I watched the horror film Polaroid on Netflix. It got bad reviews but I thought it was okay.:)

seeing as it was Valentine's Day I insisted on a rom-com so we watched Finding You on Netflix - it was a bit young with lots of good music, set in Ireland so the scenery was beautiful - enjoyed it

Emma JC

last night we watched the original Stargate movie from 1994 on Netflix - it was fun to watch it again and to see a very young James Spader and Kurt Russell - we have watched every season of all Stargate series, years ago, and enjoyed them very much

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Lou
watched our anniversary movie last night for the first time in 22 years - our first date/meeting in person we went and watched The Whole Nine Yards, with Matthew Perry, Bruce Willis etc - it was fun to see it again - we have been together ever since (met online from 320 miles apart)

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Raven and Chryssie
last night we watched the original Stargate movie from 1994 on Netflix - it was fun to watch it again and to see a very young James Spader and Kurt Russell - we have watched every season of all Stargate series, years ago, and enjoyed them very much

Emma JC
I love Stargate SG1 and Richard Dean Anderson 😍

Watched “Kings Man” on Disney, oh my, that was bad. Yes, the action scenes were foreseeably decent, but the whole “history” aspect was just straight-out wrong and evil.
In short, the kind of “history” plot I would expect somebody to come up with who has only been subjected to the American education system without “critical anything” …

Now looking forward to watching “The French Dispatch”.

Other good movies I watched recently:

“The Professor and the Madman” on Prime.
Solid performances by Sean Penn and Mel Gibson.

“Just Mercy” on Netflix, with Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx, very important and moving movie about Bryan Stevenson and his “Equal Justice Initiative” organization trying to rescue people unjustly condemned to death.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC

Emma JC
Agree! I so love Stargate the movie and the all the series.

Reactions: Emma JC
Watched “Kings Man” on Disney, oh my, that was bad. Yes, the action scenes were foreseeably decent, but the whole “history” aspect was just straight-out wrong and evil.
In short, the kind of “history” plot I would expect somebody to come up with who has only been subjected to the American education system without “critical anything” …

Now looking forward to watching “The French Dispatch”.

Other good movies I watched recently:

“The Professor and the Madman” on Prime.
Solid performances by Sean Penn and Mel Gibson.

“Just Mercy” on Netflix, with Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx, very important and moving movie about Bryan Stevenson and his “Equal Justice Initiative” organization trying to rescue people unjustly condemned to death.
My friend loves one of the actors in The King's Man and she just lent me the DVD. Doesn't sound promising, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC