TV & Film Movie Lounge

Just watched « Tick … Tick … Boom » on Netflix.

Not sure if it’s going to win any Oscars tonight, but definitely awesome both as a movie and as a musical.

Reactions: Emma JC
We watched another Netflix film as I have had to cancel it but we still have the channel until mid April.

The Rental
. I thought it was very watchable. It had the same guy from the Liam Neeson (I spelled his name wrong before) film I watched the other night.

The Rental - Rotten Tomatoes

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I watched Captain Nova on Netflix.
It was very bad. I was going to stop watching but I took a break and went back to it. Partly because I thought maybe it would get better and then because my "continue watching" queue is getting long.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
My husband saw The Batman yesterday. He liked it although he said it was a lot darker than the other films.

We watched 1922 (Stephen King) on Netflix last night. Ew, that was very disturbing! I only watched it to the end as I wanted to see what happened.

we watched Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins - my honey is a former martial arts participant so he always loves these movies and hadn't seen it since the late 80's - I enjoyed it also

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
Summerland-a fabulous film, great acting and some beautiful scenery, shot at Seven Sisters and other Sussex and Kent locations.
A heartwarming story and also a delight to watch the child actor who plays Frank.

''During World War II, reclusive writer Alice has her sequestered life upended when Frank, an evacuee from the London Blitz, is left in her care. Despite initially resolving to be rid of him, Alice finds herself and her emotions reawakened by him.''

Summerland-a fabulous film,
Can't find it for free. so I guess I will just put it on my list for now.

Meanwhile, an interesting choice for a title because there have been several books with that title. None of which is like this movie. Most notable (and highly recommended by me) is Summerland from the Pulitzer Prize winning Michael Chabon. this bestselling novel blends fantasy and folklore with that most American coming-of-age ritual: baseball.

• Friendly