TV & Film Movie Lounge

Was that supposed to be part of the experience, or was that some random crazy person?
I have read that back in the day in theatres there were those kind of interactions between the audience and the workers, especially when the theatre showed an horror movie.
No it was just some random guy having his concept of fun 🤩

Was that supposed to be part of the experience, or was that some random crazy person?
I have read that back in the day in theatres there were those kind of interactions between the audience and the workers, especially when the theatre showed an horror movie.
I think that is true. Not having gone to any horror movies back in the day I can't tell you from personal experience.
I do have a vague recollection of a non-horror movie (I think it was a sci-fi) where having something external to the movie happening to the audience was part of the story - a movie (and a theatre) inside the movie. that may have been based on something.
Moving slightly off- topic, I think the best example of something like this has to be the Rocky Horror Picture show. Which was not a horror movie but a musical satire of the classic 50s horror movie. It became a cult favorite and some theaters had a Friday night midnight showing all year long.
audience members would show up with props that would be employed at various cues during the movie. The audience also would shout lines back at the screen on cue. The musical numbers were almost sing-a-longs.
One time I was watching it and a dozen members of the audience climbed onto the stage in front of the screen and acted out the entire movie, in appropiate costuemes. In fact a lot of the audience sees the movie as an excuse for cosplay.

The city that it was in has a large University and a Teacher training college so pranks like that were not uncommon.
You must have a different category of teachers in NZ. Over here we see that kind of stuff associated with Art and Drama schools.

Ad Astra

this was a really bad movie. Well it did get some good reviews but IMHO, it was incredibly slow moving, relied way to much on narration, and there were some things that didn't make sense.
Probably the worst movie I've seen in a long time. And being that I love sci-fi this was a big disappointment.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
Just watched Mother’s Day with Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson and a whole bunch of other familiar faces. I LOVED IT! Totally a me kind of movie. I will be watching this over and over again.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
last night we rented The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard and it was good but in a lighthearted lots of violence sort of way - if I didn't like the actors so much I probably wouldn't have like the film...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
last night we rented The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard and it was good but in a lighthearted lots of violence sort of way - if I didn't like the actors so much I probably wouldn't have like the film...

Emma JC
I was thinking of getting that. I hadn't seen the first one, The Hitman's Bodyguard. Any reason to watch them in order? I heard this new one was better.

I need something light and breezy now so I’m going to watch Hotel for Dogs. 😁

I need something light and breezy now so I’m going to watch Hotel for Dogs. 😁
I have seen that. but I can't remember a thing about it.
Didn't get very many good reviews. But check it out and report back. please.

I was thinking of getting that. I hadn't seen the first one, The Hitman's Bodyguard. Any reason to watch them in order? I heard this new one was better.

I don't know if we watched the first one.....

Last night we watched The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch - based on a true story of the 1960's Bay of Pigs era - it was very good although I found it a bit slow at the beginning.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
The following film seemed quite interesting at the beginning but fizzled out quite quickly. I'm not a fan of Katie Holmes and found her particularly dull in her role.

last night we watched The Man from Earth - it is from 2007 and we had seen it before I think - I find it a fascinating movie, especially as I am almost finished The Invisible Life of Addie Larue - there is a sequel from 2017 and it has a very low rating and when I read the comments they were very clear not to watch it or it will ruin the first one for you .... I will not watch the sequel.

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52