Most disgusting food....besides meat?

Veggiemama

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Obviously we'd probably all pick animal flesh, besides that, what is the most disgusting food?

Mushrooms. I never ate slugs, but mushrooms are what I think eating slugs would be like.

Colostrum. Somehow, seeing bottled colostrum on sale for human consumption skeeves me out worse than just plain milk.

Goat milk. Way too full of goat musk. It was tasting goat milk that first opened my eyes to the reality that I was drinking something that came from an animal's body, because it has animal body odor. I had never thought about it with cow milk in that way before. That was my first step on the road to veganism.

Reactions: Veggiemama
Apple sauce. But that's just me. I can not even smell it without getting nauseous.
(Back when I was 10 I had the most terrible ear infection, and had to take antibiotics via apple sauce. I'm forever traumatized)

Apple sauce. But that's just me. I can not even smell it without getting nauseous.
(Back when I was 10 I had the most terrible ear infection, and had to take antibiotics via apple sauce. I'm forever traumatized)

When I was around 7 or so, I had to take a certain liquid medicine and it reminded me of bananas. I hated anything banana for years because of it. I love them now, though.

I can't really think of a disgusting food because things I may have thought were gross whenever I had them, maybe I'd like them now? I could say asparagus or beets or certain kinds of squash but if I tried'em again I may like'em.

Celery, black olives, mayo, beet root, butter, goats cheese (smells like sick, tastes like sick...yum yum yum.)

I'm not sure if there is a food out there I don't like. Maybe sometimes the way it's prepared turns me off but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

Seaweed. Even though it may be considered vegan friendly, it tastes like fish to me. Every year or so, I give it another chance and I just can't make myself like it. I should give up trying.

Pears. They taste like soap.

Soylent Green. It tastes like private parts. :confused:

Same, my family used it for my asthma medicine growing up. I have been able to start baking with it. I just have to be careful not to smell it or taste it in the food.

Some of these posts make me sad. Eggplant, squash, beets, asparagus = disgusting?? You guys need to roast or grill all those things. It makes a world of difference.

Seaweed. Even though it may be considered vegan friendly, it tastes like fish to me. Every year or so, I give it another chance and I just can't make myself like it. I should give up trying.

Agreed!! I can't stand nori or nori wrapped veggie sushi because of the fishy smell/taste. Miso also. Fish has just always repulsed me.

Also agree with the mayo. The slime like texture, smell, and appearance are not appetizing at all. I don't care how fantastic everyone claims veganaise is, I won't touch the stuff.

Colostrum. Somehow, seeing bottled colostrum on sale for human consumption skeeves me out worse than just plain milk.

Goat milk. Way too full of goat musk. It was tasting goat milk that first opened my eyes to the reality that I was drinking something that came from an animal's body, because it has animal body odor. I had never thought about it with cow milk in that way before. That was my first step on the road to veganism.

Ugh. My brother's "doctor" insisted he take colostrum. I found it disturbing that he found nothing disturbing about it!

I've never had goat milk but it sounds pretty damn disgusting, yet helpful since it helped you become vegan. ;)

Onions....I just cant stand the smell, texture, or taste....Ick On a Stick:(
Cinnamon....just dont like the taste.
Tofu....I just dont like it

Peace, LOve and Laughter:)

Courgettes are the only vegetable I don't like. It's like eating hot, soggy lumps of cucumber. I've never had it grilled but I still don't think I'd enjoy it.

Oh yes, I don't like zucchini either, not even raw. Fried zucchini blossoms are heaven though.

I don't like seaweed either. I even broke a ten day fast on seaweed, because when you are that hungry, everything tastes a hundred times better, but I still couldn't eat any seaweed, that's how bad it is to me.

Hey, I wouldn't pick meat as most disgusting.
I agree. I didn't stop eating meat because of the taste but I figured we'd end up getting a lot of "animal flesh" answers if I didn't specify.