Most disgusting food....besides meat?

Licorice.

Yes! I was trying to think of something disgusting, but the fact is, i will eat almost anything or at least try it once (as long as it's veg). But you've found one think I don't like at all!

I tasted passion fruit when I was in the Dominican Republic in February, and I thought it was disgusting.

(I guess I can find stuff I don't like if I put my mind to it...lol)

I really dislike brussel sprouts. And I dont like radishes.

Mine would definitely be mushrooms which SUCKS!!! There's so many times when I've been at a restaurant where the only veg option was a potabella burger and I just can't do it. Ugh. So gross.

This!! OMG I hate mushrooms so much. I cant even look at them. if something has 1% mushroom powder in it, I wont eat it. Ghahrrrbghfhf. And you go places and its the ONLY veganisable option arrgh!

Speaking of gross food. I was talking to an omni yesterday (Hungarian) and apparently it is a delicacy to get some blood, congeal it, and then fry it and eat it with onions. Wtf? Grossest omni food I've heard of in a while.

Count me in as a hater of black licorice, and of anything anise flavored.

And send all those mushrroms, olives, Brussels sprouts and lemons my way. Please.

(My favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts is to steam them lightly (mostly they're served overcooked, which is why people hate them - their flavor changes), and then add a bit of margarine, lemon juice, and salt. I can eat them like candy.

Reactions: thefadedone
That's because watermelon doesn't taste good. ;)

There's another one.

I thought I wasn't fussy before this tread existed.

Speaking of gross food. I was talking to an omni yesterday (Hungarian) and apparently it is a delicacy to get some blood, congeal it, and then fry it and eat it with onions. Wtf? Grossest omni food I've heard of in a while.

That sounds like Black Pudding. I used to really like that when I was younger.:eek:

Hey, I wouldn't pick meat as most disgusting.
I would. It's barely better than eating fecal matter, if you ask me. Lymph, connective tissue, veins, obvious muscle fiber, entire sets of internal organs in animals small enough to swallow whole, the level of putrescence necessary before most muscles can be cooked...

On second thought there are some kinds of poop that would actually be easier to swallow. :eek:

Cilantro... I don't mind it so much mixed in with other spices in Indian or Mexican cuisine, but cilantro on it's own or as a dominant flavor taste vile to me.