TV & Film Millions of Americans abandoning cable

Glad to hear people are finally leaving, they are such a ripoff. I watch the free channels and whatever shows I can't get I watch online (Netflix, Hulu, and Network Sites). I don't know how people can throw away money on cable.

Glad to hear people are finally leaving, they are such a ripoff. I watch the free channels and whatever shows I can't get I watch online (Netflix, Hulu, and Network Sites). I don't know how people can throw away money on cable.
Same here. I ditched cable 20 years ago when it was about 35 bucks a month. And I thought that was a ridiculous price back then, lol.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I would much rather $8 a month for Netflix and watch the shows and movies, both new and older, that I enjoy. Some people pay over $100/month for cable. It's obscene. I hope with more people on the Hule/Netflix/On Demand bandwagon that the respective companies don't start charging more out of greed.

Reactions: PTree15
I finally make enough to afford cable and it becomes obsolete. Figures.

Actually between Netflix, Redbox, and iTunes, I've got an infinitely superior selection for a fraction of the cost... and I only really watch Walking Dead and maybe a movie every 2 or 3 weeks.

I hope with more people on the Hule/Netflix/On Demand bandwagon that the respective companies don't start charging more out of greed.
I wouldn't bet on it! As long as there is true competition between them, customers might stand a chance, but that doesn't seem to be the case a lot of the time. Companies merge, become monopolies in some areas, and even come to secret back-room understandings as to how they will share the cake and screw customers over.

I wouldn't bet on it! As long as there is true competition between them, customers might stand a chance, but that doesn't seem to be the case a lot of the time. Companies merge, become monopolies in some areas, and even come to secret back-room understandings as to how they will share the cake and screw customers over.
I just come to expect that from major companies nowadays. Greed and corruption so often take precedence.

I know some people who refuse to get rid of their cable, even if it's to their own detriment. I have a friend who is having trouble paying her rent and complains about not being able to afford much food, but refuses to get rid of cable even though it will free up a good amount of money. I guess for some, cable is more important to them than food. :shrug: