Poultry Corporations Receive Taxpayers Handouts

VeganRachel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Raw vegan
Poultry Corporations Receive massive Taxpayers handouts 2024

Hi all, you may not know, but all large corporate chicken killers have received massive taxpayer "handouts"
because "apparently" they suffered massive losses because of the (so-called) Bird flu. This slaughter of millions
of birds created a shortage of chickens and surely price increases. The largest 7 handouts were over
$20,000.000+. One was $105,000,000 What do you think of this?.
How about the small store and restaurant owners who lost money or went out of business during Covid shutdowns?.
Yet, large corporations get payoffs.
I suggest we each consider posting this corporate bailout data all over facebook, twitter, rumble, etcetera and create a mass protest.
Most Americans are totally unaware of these handouts. And, most humans eat birds. Check out the information:

Taxpayers have spent more than $1 billion dollars to support corporate interests during the highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreak — Our Honor list of payout$ in this article,

Last edited by a moderator:
The meat market always gets subsidized so this is no surprise. It makes me wonder how closely animal agriculture is tied in with the economy when politicians seem to consider it so important.

Reactions: VeganRachel
The meat market always gets subsidized so this is no surprise. It makes me wonder how closely animal agriculture is tied in with the economy when politicians seem to consider it so important.
I am aware they get massive bailouts of many kinds.
Meatonomics.com (and the Meatonomics book) states that taxxpayers hand all animal ag every year a total oif about $40 BILLION.
Without that handout they

lose $ on every singke animal they raise. The result of the annual $40B bailout is animal products only cost consumerS about 1/3 of the realistic cost.
AND, consumers eat more meat, poultry, dairy, eggs...and say that fruits and veggies are "expensive".

Hi all, you may not know, but all large corporate chicken killers have received massive taxpayer "handouts"
Yes I'm aware. and I don't think this is a secret. My guess is that most people know... but I could be wrong.
because "apparently" they suffered massive losses because of the (so-called) Bird flu. This slaughter of millions
of birds created a shortage of chickens and surely price increases. The largest 7 handouts were over
$20,000.000+. One was $105,000,000 What do you think of this?.
As a vegan I hate it.
Let chicken prices go up.
but.... our food supply is a fragile thing. Also a matter of public health. And... social equality. It's the lower classes that eat chicken and if chicken prices go up they won't have much to eat.
I just had beans and rice for lunch but there are lots of people (even a few here on this forum who will not eat beans and rice).

How about the small store and restaurant owners who lost money or went out of business during Covid shutdowns?.
A lot of small business who shut down during covid lockdowsns got bail outs too.
Yet, large corporations get payoffs.
Yes, but it's not the bailouts that bother me it is how some companies abuse the process. when the governed bailed out the auto industry, the airplane industry and the banks, many of those companies used the money in ways it wasn't intended. Like stock buy backs and not wages. Executive salaries and not re-tooling.

it seems like now the government is aware of that kind abuse and have taken actions. There was a recent example of this - but I'm drawing a blank right now. All I can remember is Biden publicly scolding a CEO for not using the funds correctly. Maybe that was in relation to the Auto Union strike.
Most Americans are totally unaware of these handouts.
I don't know if that is true. And if it means cheaper eggs and chicken, most Americans are not against it. And probably for it.

We were talking about the Green New Deal in a different thread. One of the components of the GND was a rolling back of supplementing the Animal Ag industry. Republicans in the house went crazy. AOC was one of the main creators of the GND and I still can hear those guys yelling that AOC was coming for your hamburgers. Biden was going to ban beef.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the GND. And we might even get one in 2024 if we can create a Blue Wave in November. you live in Florida along with some other VF members. Your energy should be spent in getting some Democrats elected

As I see it, Floridians have two choices: Vote Blue or learn how to breathe underwater.

Yes I'm aware. and I don't think this is a secret. My guess is that most people know... but I could be wrong.

As a vegan I hate it.
Let chicken prices go up.
but.... our food supply is a fragile thing. Also a matter of public health. And... social equality. It's the lower classes that eat chicken and if chicken prices go up they won't have much to eat.
I just had beans and rice for lunch but there are lots of people (even a few here on this forum who will not eat beans and rice).

A lot of small business who shut down during covid lockdowsns got bail outs too.

Yes, but it's not the bailouts that bother me it is how some companies abuse the process. when the governed bailed out the auto industry, the airplane industry and the banks, many of those companies used the money in ways it wasn't intended. Like stock buy backs and not wages. Executive salaries and not re-tooling.

it seems like now the government is aware of that kind abuse and have taken actions. There was a recent example of this - but I'm drawing a blank right now. All I can remember is Biden publicly scolding a CEO for not using the funds correctly. Maybe that was in relation to the Auto Union strike.

I don't know if that is true. And if it means cheaper eggs and chicken, most Americans are not against it. And probably for it.

We were talking about the Green New Deal in a different thread. One of the components of the GND was a rolling back of supplementing the Animal Ag industry. Republicans in the house went crazy. AOC was one of the main creators of the GND and I still can hear those guys yelling that AOC was coming for your hamburgers. Biden was going to ban beef.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the GND. And we might even get one in 2024 if we can create a Blue Wave in November. you live in Florida along with some other VF members. Your energy should be spent in getting some Democrats elected

As I see it, Floridians have two choices: Vote Blue or learn how to breathe underwater.
Sadly I think many Americans have had enough of political and corporate corruption. They complain but do little after that.
However I believe it is time to elect decent politicians who do not work for corporation donation$. The big issue is that
animal ag is very influential and buys loyalty. Yet it is consumers who pay for cleanup costs. Most omnivores are unaware that
chicken "litter" (feces, urine, straw) is "recycled" and fed to farm animals, yum?. They have been doing this for over 50 years.
European countries have banned this practice. Most policians do not favor veganism or the environment and have voted
with their pockets.

@VeganRachel ,
Um... I probably shouldn't be disagreeing with you on the level of ignorance. Although IMHO, its more due to apathy than ignorance, I'm constantly surprised and reminded about how stupid the average American is.

The Ag industry is very influential in the USA. To be fair it's not just the animal ag segment. But the animal ag segment is very effective in every arena.

Americans need to "vote with their wallets" and support the companies that share their values. And not buy products and from companies that do not. I think a lot of people already know this but just like veganism in general choose not to.

The politicians, IMHO are even worse. They aren't ignorant they just take the money and vote against the public's interest.

• Agree
Reactions: silva