Midwest Michigan

Bad news & good news, locally.... First the bad:

Company proposes toll bridges for Bay City :dismay:
The Independence Bridge is a little more than 40-years-old and the Liberty Bridge is just more than 30-years-old.
That means really cheap, sh*tty workmanship. Jer & I both remember a bridge from long ago... it swung open to the side while you got to "ride" it... it was made of all steel & was built during the Civil War! This sucker was still standing over a hundred years later! o_O

And now, very good news:

Hundreds line up for opening of new City Market in downtown Bay City

Home - city-market

Well, they needed a scapegoat, and they got one.

And in the meantime, Governor Rick Snyder, who is just as much to blame for the travesty, gets to go home at night and continue with his life and career with nary a hair out of place or an arrest and conviction to his name.

Well, they needed a scapegoat, and they got one.

And in the meantime, Governor Rick Snyder, who is just as much to blame for the travesty, gets to go home at night and continue with his life and career with nary a hair out of place or an arrest and conviction to his name.
They've got a few now... but they're closing in. I sure hope somebody finally throws that S.O.B. ***** Snyder under the friggin' bus.... :mad:

Reactions: Amy SF
Yeah, but I've read that flood waters typically contain a lot of sewage debris and bacteria which can make humans and animals really sick.
And thousands of Michiganders & their beasties had no choice but to wade through it all. And this was before the run-off became over-flow.

If I have even the slightest impression that an animal is in pain, distress, or fear, I can't even watch one second.... ever. I was concerned at first, but this dog looked to me to be happily joining his family in making a little video, that's all. And this family is from Midland so trust me, they've got it better than many, money-wise. The wife was obviously filming with the door open, doggy ran out for a swim, plain & simple. Sorry you didn't like it. :confused: You know how many children I've seen splashing in giant puddles & flooded streets around here since the big deluge?? No parents dragging them away either.

And apparently the Electric Forest festival (in Muskegon) this weekend turned into mud-dancing madness.... LOL