Meat eater yesterday, vegan today...

Salwando

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all,

As of today, I am vegan. Big decision and I have enjoyed what I have cooked and eaten so far... Only thing is, I'm craving really sweet things... Is this psychological? Or completely normal?

I've drank a whole carton of chocolate soy milk today just to kerb it :-/

Thanks X

Reactions: Damo
Congratualations! I've found that eating lots of fruit is good for sweet cravings. My favourite snack at the moment is blended frozen raspberries and banana, which makes a nice sweet sorbet.

You could also check out the Sweets and Chocolate section on my website - it lists vegan foods in the main UK supermarkets. The Ice Cream section might be helpful too! Good luck :)

Well done, you! I remember that Day 6 was a turning point for me in my first few days of a vegan challenge. To spur you on, let me just say that giving up dairy completely (I was not having it that often but it sneaked in, as it does) was a game changer for me. I still find it astounding how "no meat" can have a basic, positive effect ... but "no dairy" is several orders of magnitude more apparent. Keep going. You've a food adventure full of so many more delicious recipes ahead ... I'm still discovering brilliant dishes.

Mr or Mrs Sugar Cravings ... meet Dr Medjool Date ... oh, yessss.

Reactions: sharla86
Being vegan doesn't mean giving up on sweet things. It's totally normal to crave sugar. Check out the internet for totally awesome vegan desert recipes. there's always maple syrup and medjool dates and check out Nakd stuff. They are awesome. Yum!!!!!