I don't like lentils! An introduction...

I had a win today. I have been seeing a dietitian for a while now, and it's been helping...but when I went vegan, she tolerated my decision but didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it. Today I worked out how I could fund a dietitian differently and found one who's vegan herself. She's not in my area, but she does telehealth. So I am hoping that is a more appropriate choice. I have still been eating a lot of processed foods, because I have just been getting use to being vegan itself, but I think I am ready try better foods - maybe even some form of legumes, teehee.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a win today. I have been seeing a dietitian for a while now, and it's been helping...but when I went vegan, she tolerated my decision but didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it. Today I worked out how I could fund a dietitian differently and found one who's vegan herself. She's not in my area, but she does telehealth. So I am hoping that is a more appropriate choice. I have still been eating a lot of processed foods, because I have just been getting use to being vegan itself, but I think I am ready try better foods - maybe even some form of legumes, teehee.
something to keep in mind or look into....
here in the US there is a terminology issue.
Its with the term dietician. It does differ from state to state and of course its different in every country.
We have Registered Dietician (RDs) and we have Nutrionists. RDs are members of an association (like RNs). They have qualifications (including coursework), Continuing Education, and are evaluated and monitored. On the other hand, anyone can call themselves a nutrionist and hang out a sign.
My RD is not vegan but as part of her Continuing Education went vegan for a week. She was very supportive of my vegan lifestyle.

We have probably already suggested Cronometer to you but you should bring it up with your new dietician. Many Dieticians have the "pro version" which allows for a lot of info sharing with clients.

something to keep in mind or look into....
here in the US there is a terminology issue.
Its with the term dietician. It does differ from state to state and of course its different in every country.
We have Registered Dietician (RDs) and we have Nutrionists. RDs are members of an association (like RNs). They have qualifications (including coursework), Continuing Education, and are evaluated and monitored. On the other hand, anyone can call themselves a nutrionist and hang out a sign.
My RD is not vegan but as part of her Continuing Education went vegan for a week. She was very supportive of my vegan lifestyle.

We have probably already suggested Cronometer to you but you should bring it up with your new dietician. Many Dieticians have the "pro version" which allows for a lot of info sharing with clients.

Thanks, I did just check after you mentioned this and she is a registered dietitian so that's good.

I did sign up to Cromometer, but I will check if she has the pro version. Thanks.

The pro version is pricey. My RD didn't have it - She is part of an HMO. But when I last spoke to her she was lobbying Corporate to get it.
I brought my laptop to a few of her sessions. But the best thing she did for me was to set goals/targets which she could have just as easily done on the phone. I would then just turn the weekly summary into a PDF and email it.

• Friendly