Meat and animal products are gross

Stardust1986

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Giving up meat and animal products can be hard because of taste. Ethical reasons keep you going, but I learned some suprising reasons beyond ethics, Meat and animal products are completely disgusting! Milk companies legally allows so much puss in milk...Eww! Cheese its, just rotten milk with, cow stomach fluids etc. 😱 Chicken nuggets are usually just veins...just all of it, Ewww! I think if people really though about what's in their animal based foods... It wouldnt sound so good

Gross things never deterred me. I used to go to sushi places and order sea urchin guts. My grandma used to save the chicken's *** and heart for me. I had to share the liver with her. I remember on a trip to the Florida Keys looking forward to trying out Turtle soup.
For me its just as bad to eat chicken butts as to eat chicken wings.

For me its mostly ethics. although my own health and the environmental stuff helps, too.

BTW, there really isn't much pus in milk. Maybe one drop per glass.
More concerning to me is the cancer inducing casein, heart disease causing sat fats and cholesterol. Not to mention contaminants like herbicides and pesticides. oh almost forgot antibiotics.

Learning gross facts about meat and animal products has helped me overcome food cravings, it's an odd approach, but maybe it could help others. I used to love cheese, and sometimes, I miss it. When I think about how cheese is made with cows teat milk, a little puss, cow stomach fluids, and aged to the point of being moldy, the cravings go away. With plant based cheese, I know it's not made with anything I find gross. Plant based foods seem cleaner and more appetizing to me, theres so many great reasons to prefer them

I remember that, even when I ate meat, I used to hate the slimy/gristly parts, and the bones. I used to also hate/fear fish bones. When I became vegan, all that stuff went away.
Absolutely, do you remember the " suprises" in meat, like peices of bone, and artery peices? I'm so glad I dont have to think about it happening again, no more hearts and organs in our food, thank goodness Lol

Reactions: David3 and Emma JC
I remember that, even when I ate meat, I used to hate the slimy/gristly parts, and the bones. I used to also hate/fear fish bones. When I became vegan, all that stuff went away.

I was thinking about those fish bones when I was eating the Gardein Fillets the other night and was also so thankful that I didn't have to worry about them choking me.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

While not trying to overreact, as i see some have done in their comments haha, i have to agree with the statement.
Animal products are actually their bodies, fluids and intestines. That is nasty when you put it like that - raw and true.
There is many reasons to go vegan (i did it for the environment and animal welfare) but we al have one thing in common - we dont consume or use other being for our own purpose and efter making the change to go vegan its hard to think about what life was like when eating other beings. Your mindset changes with other words and what looked and tasted good before is now the perfect way to make me throw up.
The one thing that i am the most happy about is actually not having to consume ANY cholesterol anymore! Its only found in animal products and not plants :)

Have a great meatfree weekend <3

I agree.. having seen the videos of baby chicks dumped in macerators and factory farms full of chickens shitting all over each other in disgusting conditions, I have lost my appetite for eggs.

Vegan eggs like JUST Egg, of course, are still desirable to me.

Reactions: Emma JC