US McDonalds Vegan burger-2021

We happen to have a particularly good McD's in my neighborhood. Like it's super fast and very very customer friendly. I'd be ok going there for a McPlant.
It's wrong that these trial markets don't offer discounts, but rather feature these vegan offerings at higher prices, and don't allow for coupons. At least that;s my experience.
Pizza Hut keeps sending me emails about the Beyond Sausage, which I love, but it's not only higher priced, it's not included in promos, and if you don't want cheese they don't let you sub another topping! That isn't a fair trial!
I think Burger King was the same way

What I want to know is, which chains’ fries are vegan?

I love fries. I know they’re usually fried in the same oil as meat products. I can live with that, but I’d prefer to support restaurants with completely vegan fries.

Worse, I know that some (McD’s) use flavorings that are completely not vegan. That’s what I really want to avoid.

Also, can someone make vegan jalapeño poppers? Please?

Reactions: Amy SF
What I want to know is, which chains’ fries are vegan?

I love fries. I know they’re usually fried in the same oil as meat products. I can live with that, but I’d prefer to support restaurants with completely vegan fries.

Worse, I know that some (McD’s) use flavorings that are completely not vegan. That’s what I really want to avoid.

Also, can someone make vegan jalapeño poppers? Please?
Five Guys Burgers and Fries! Best ever, fried in peanut oil that's only used for the fresh potatoes.
When I'd stop after work I never minded the wait because they have peanuts in the shell all over. They also have malt vinegar

Poppers with cream cheese or cheddar?
Now I'm thinking how good the Miyokos recipe for Better Buffalo Mozz would be for that! I'ts just blended cashews mixed with soy yogurt, cultured, then added to agar. It's a soft tangy spreadable cheese.
I've seen a recipe for a popper casserole that would be perfect!

Reactions: Urban Gardener
Five Guys Burgers and Fries! Best ever, fried in peanut oil that's only used for the fresh potatoes.
When I'd stop after work I never minded the wait because they have peanuts in the shell all over. They also have malt vinegar

I love the free peanuts! They also have a vegan sandwich and some vegetarian options.

Poppers with cream cheese or cheddar?
Now I'm thinking how good the Miyokos recipe for Better Buffalo Mozz would be for that! I'ts just blended cashews mixed with soy yogurt, cultured, then added to agar. It's a soft tangy spreadable cheese.
I've seen a recipe for a popper casserole that would be perfect!

I used to love jalapeño cheddar poppers.

I’m not really into vegan cheese. I keep trying to think of a good filling that I could make with just grains and veggies. Maybe just pureed black beans would be good.

Reactions: Raven
wendy’s fries are my favorite and they’re cooked in vegetable oil. I never cared for mc donald’s fries and would usually skip that.
I’m happy mc donald’s chose beyond meat but I wonder if it would be worth getting if I could just have beyond meat at home

The one near me closed. but in its place a the Dog Haus opened up. I don't mind. the dog Haus has 4 vegan items. Impossible burgers and sliders, and Beyond sausages and Bratwurst. No peanuts tho.

I'd be pretty nervous going to a place like McD's or BK and asking them for anything "vegan". I know you can supposedly ask BK to make the impossible whopper vegan (I think they just nuke the patty).... Fast food joints kinda scare me. Do you think that the kid making your food cares or will take the time when he/she has 8 more orders waiting and a manager pushing to keep the drive-thru moving?? I know chipotle has sofritas and I can see them making my food. I'm new to the vegan world but have been vegetarian for 4+yrs. The only places I trust to make vegan options are sit down establishments, "fast casual".

IMHO, cross-contamination is not a vegan issue. Just get the Impossible whopper without mayo (and cheese).

and here in the USA, McD's fries are probably not vegan.

McD's is not the type of company that I want to support. But I'm glad all these guys are moving to P/B options.

I will never set foot in a McD's again in my lifetime. I've never been to a BK, ever, so I have no idea if they even offer the Impossible burgers here in Canada. Much for the same reason I won't go to McD's, I won't go to BK either. It is out of principle for me. They support factory farming, and really only offer these PB options to capitalize on the market. It's about money, period! Like Lou says, I am pleased that more places are accommodating PB options, but please don't fool yourself about their motivation. It sure ain't about saving animals or the environment.

I've tried the Beyond burger at A&W. It was good, but I can make this at home better, now that you can buy them in grocery stores, IMHO. When I make it at home I can be assured it won't mistakenly get mayo or Uncle sauce. I can also take comfort in knowing it wasn't cooked on the same grill as the factory farmed burgers.

Sadly, a couple places here in Canada that were offering PB options have discontinued them. Subway for one, and Tim Hortons also. They didn't offer an explanation for removing them, that I am aware of. I guess they weren't generating enough revenue. Subway still offers their veggie patties, which I find disgusting. I was talking about the Beyond meatball subs. They have discontinued them here in Canada. I asked if they would get them back, and the manager said not at this time.

I gave up most fast food many years ago. When I go on road trips these days, I often just go to a grocery store or hit a sushi bar for some veggie or summer rolls. If I can find a vegan pizza place, that's always an option. Even a veggie pizza without vegan cheese is still quite tasty.

I will never set foot in a McD's again in my lifetime.
I have a friend like that. Won't even go into a fast food place for a cup of coffee - out of principle.

I agree with everything you said but i still go into fast food places for a cup of coffee.

I have gone and sampled a lot of these fast food P/B options out of curiosity.

When Taco Bell switched to a more vegan-friendly menu, I went to check it out. Even tho I don't like TacoBell and never go there. I kind of wanted to show support. I realize that it's not up to we vegans to create demand for these meals, but as you pointed out a lack of demand will mean that the restaurant drops the menu items.

I did the math to see how many cows have been saved by people ordering Impossible Whoppers at Burger King instead of regular whoppers. If my math is correct, it's only 17. That is only like 2 seconds worth.

Reactions: Veganite
IMHO, cross-contamination is not a vegan issue. Just get the Impossible whopper without mayo (and cheese).

and here in the USA, McD's fries are probably not vegan.

McD's is not the type of company that I want to support. But I'm glad all these guys are moving to P/B options.
But they would be cooking it on the same "open flame grill" as everything else. Im not trying to split hairs, but again, I'm nervous of anything fast food that isnt specific to vegan options. Do you have "EVOs" near you?

• Agree
Reactions: 1956
But they would be cooking it on the same "open flame grill" as everything else. Im not trying to split hairs, but again, I'm nervous of anything fast food that isnt specific to vegan options. Do you have "EVOs" near you?
What is EVO?