Veganism and our toddler and the constant judging

me, too. but it is so much easier today.
First off we have iPhones. and Cronometer is on the computer but also an app. And you can log each food as you are chewing it. Or you can just do it all at once while sitting at your desk
Second, the chronometer app has a barcode scanner.
It also hooks up with other apps. for instance it can track calories burned from Apple Health or various fitness trackers.
The barcode readers really save the day.

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
The barcode readers really save the day.
I barely use the bar codes scanner. But yeah, when you have a packaged food it makes it so much simpler.
The database which mush have the same kind of learning algorithm as google is my saving grace. start typing peas and it gives you some of the suggestions you have chosen before
oh. and the recipe feature. Takes an extra minute to set up but saves you a minute each time you use that recipe. Doesn't even have to be complicated. Oatmeal + milk+ flax seed + strawberries is a well worn recipe. I named it My oatmeal, and it comes up right after I type My.

My country (the United States) is hardly a stronghold of vegetarianism, let alone veganism. And kids in my country have plenty of diet-related health issues:

On the other hand, it would be possible for a child who's being raised vegan to have a less-than-ideal diet too.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
That is a good idea. I don't have a lot of experience using such apps, but I did log everything I ate for about a week back in the 90s one time, and it was a lot of work!

Yep!

I had it a little better than you did. I looked up the nutrients on the web and wrote down what I ate in a pocket memo pad. It wasn't that many minutes a day, but it did seem like a chore.

Cronometer.com takes all of the work out. You just type in what you ate.

Has anyone else noticed that with cronometer you are more likely to get a breakdown of protein by individual amino acids when you choose a generic food rather than a brand-name food?

I've found that to be true of all nutrients and foods. Private companies test less, hence fewer reading for all nutrients. The generic databases seem to have been put together by government and academic orgs which test for more things, especially with staple foods.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt