May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, and I’ve been upset that it’s higher than it had been. It used to be 58. But I was ten pounds lighter and exercised regularly. Now that I made it to the new house and the weather is warming up I’m hoping to get into more of a routine. It should be 45 and sunny at 7 am... this first morning of waking up in the new house. I’m hoping to make a good start and get out there and walk around the new neighborhood.

Although I only slept four hours. We shall see how I feel after coffee when the sun comes up. So much work to be done here. But going to take it nice and slow and try to just enjoy the newness of it all. So comforting knowing my daughter and grandkids are only a six minute drive from me.

I feel a lot better today. Just a bit of a cough still. I started doing a meditation course yesterday and the book said to commit to it for 90 days. I feel quite relaxed after doing the morning meditation today.:)

I got up and walked early today as we're supposed to have rain all day. Of course it hasn't even started yet and it's nearly 11am.

I'm vacuuming now and then hopefully a chill afternoon with maybe some yoga, since I didn't do it this morning.

It's getting warmer. I'm really enjoying leaving the windows open and getting constant fresh air.

I started lifting weights again today after taking two days off. I also walked to the health food store and got vegan ice cream.

Then I moved more of my seedlings outside and created a hanging garden out there. I'm building it slowly to double-check the squirrel-proofing. I've spent a long time tending these plants from seed and one squirrel could destroy all of that in just a minute. Not to blame the squirrels - they also have to eat, and they love to dig!

I didn't think I was going to sleep well last night so I took some Sleepy Time THC. I slept great but I also woke up groggy. Today is supposed to be really nice so I skipped the morning video workout and just went to for a hike.
One of the places I like to go hiking just opened up Monday so I went there and went for a nice 3 miles.

IMG_0684.jpegIMG_0684.jpeg

Funny, and I’ve been upset that it’s higher than it had been. It used to be 58. But I was ten pounds lighter and exercised regularly. Now that I made it to the new house and the weather is warming up I’m hoping to get into more of a routine. It should be 45 and sunny at 7 am... this first morning of waking up in the new house. I’m hoping to make a good start and get out there and walk around the new neighborhood.

Although I only slept four hours. We shall see how I feel after coffee when the sun comes up. So much work to be done here. But going to take it nice and slow and try to just enjoy the newness of it all. So comforting knowing my daughter and grandkids are only a six minute drive from me.
That is so great. You are going to have so much fun being that close. :)
I've been in my house three years now, and I'm still discovering different roads and areas of my neighborhood. It's how I have found some good back ways for driving to avoid traffic and lights. Plus, I get to look at all the nice houses and yards.

Today I did two Pahla B. videos because I took yesterday off, haha. I should have known better. This "moderate" workout kicked my butt and made me realize I have a bit more work to do to get back in shape. But it was a good wakeup call to keep on plugging away. I was planning on a 4-mile walk today, but I think I will do 2 instead. :D

I started lifting weights again today after taking two days off. I also walked to the health food store and got vegan ice cream.

Then I moved more of my seedlings outside and created a hanging garden out there. I'm building it slowly to double-check the squirrel-proofing. I've spent a long time tending these plants from seed and one squirrel could destroy all of that in just a minute. Not to blame the squirrels - they also have to eat, and they love to dig!
That is my kind of walk, one with a nice treat. :) I love having a destination for my walks, like getting an iced tea or coffee or picking up a few groceries and putting them in a backpack. I can still do that with some adjustments in this age of coronavirus. :). I live 2 miles from a vegan candy shop that also sells vegan soft serve. If it was a bit warmer today, I might consider getting some. It's still open because it also sells prepared meals, so it's considered essential. I consider chocolate essential! :D Such a first-world thing to say, I know :D. Anyway, now I want vegan ice cream!

I'm feeling very tired today. I can't wait to go out for a walk on Saturday!

I've been in my house three years now, and I'm still discovering different roads and areas of my neighborhood. It's how I have found some good back ways for driving to avoid traffic and lights. Plus, I get to look at all the nice houses and yards.

Wow, three years in your house already?!

• Wow
  • Friendly
Reactions: silva and Val
This morning I did a Seane Corn yoga video and took a walk. It's a beautiful day here! I don't think I'll have to worry about steps today!

That is my kind of walk, one with a nice treat. :) I love having a destination for my walks, like getting an iced tea or coffee or picking up a few groceries and putting them in a backpack. I can still do that with some adjustments in this age of coronavirus. :). I live 2 miles from a vegan candy shop that also sells vegan soft serve. If it was a bit warmer today, I might consider getting some. It's still open because it also sells prepared meals, so it's considered essential. I consider chocolate essential! :D Such a first-world thing to say, I know :D. Anyway, now I want vegan ice cream!
I bet I could talk my son into driving me to your town and we could go for vegan soft serve! That is if you don’t mind him coming along. He can be a jerk sometimes but that’s only because I live with him, LOL. I think you would find him to be a nice guy.😃

My resting heart rate is in the low 70s. (I think)

I did another HASfit workout today. I really need to find the right kind of bottle and go back to the beach for more sand. The 2 lb Protein Shake barbell is not doing it for me anymore. There is a 24 oz G Series Gatorade bottle that would be perfect. I'm pretty sure that it would be 3 pounds. I have one but I can't find a second. I can buy a package of them from Amazon but I really just need one. And I haven't been willing to go shopping in stores to look for one.

I also like "destination" walks. I used to have a few. I would frequently walk to the grocery store for groceries (30 minutes roundtrip). the Framers market, Dollar store, and coffee shop are about an hour. The coffee shop had been closed a lot ( i bet it's out of business now) so I started going to Burger King for a small fry and a senior coffee.

I'm trying to get back into running so I won't need anything more than the stores. And I should be able to add some longer destination walks, too.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I bet I could talk my son into driving me to your town and we could go for vegan soft serve! That is if you don’t mind him coming along. He can be a jerk sometimes but that’s only because I live with him, LOL. I think you would find him to be a nice guy.😃
I would love that! And of course your son would be welcome! That would be such a blast! And the ice cream is really great. You can get awesome toppings, too. The caramel sauce is my favorite, along with the vegan M&Ms.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Yes! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It was three years on April 27. Best move ever. I so love having my own space (and lots more of it, haha).
Congrats on three years! 😍

I was thinking this house is small until we actually moved in. It’s a little bigger than what we had. Kind of perfect. My son came upstairs the other night and said, you guys are so far away now. We were in our bedroom and it’s at the other end of the house. So I guess by the time he walked up the stairs, around the bend and down the hall it felt like a mile, lol. It was so funny.

Congrats on three years! 😍

I was thinking this house is small until we actually moved in. It’s a little bigger than what we had. Kind of perfect. My son came upstairs the other night and said, you guys are so far away now. We were in our bedroom and it’s at the other end of the house. So I guess by the time he walked up the stairs, around the bend and down the hall it felt like a mile, lol. It was so funny.
Thank you!
And that's so cool about the house not seeming as small. I think the finished basement makes a big difference.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I did that last year with a friend for our longest run. We were doing a 10km run in preparation for a race and were dreading it. So we arranged out route to end at the ice cream shop and got her husband to pick us up after. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.