Nutrition & Diet March Health Challenge

Well March has been pretty terrible - fell back into disorders habits & struggling to stop again.

Anyway, it'll be alright. I was serious about getting that six pack ;) took a picture just now, before a workout.... Doesn't show too well but I have the two very distinct vertical lines but gotta work on getting the horizontals going across.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395082741.376667.jpg

You're looking so great! :D

I started the year good, but went back in the black hole filled with unhealty food, lazyness and illness. I've sitten too much on my butt, making up excuses for not doing anything, and just stuffed my face with stupid things. Instead of doing a little bit, and not stuffing my face. :p So I need to get both my physical and psycich health back on track. I'm really one of those that start comfort eating when I'm depressed. So I need to work out that part too.

My bloodpressure is a bit high now. I think it was 144/114 last time I was at the hospital. But since I've have too many red bloodcells at the moment, I guess it can come of that too. Probably one of my medication is causing it, so I need to get a new "timeschedule" for my shots to reduse that problem...

I'm not going to show you my stomach, but hopefully I can do that one day. :p I hate myself for looking like the way I do, but I'm the only one that can do anything about it...

I lost 12 kg last fall (2013), but have gained 4 of them. But they are going to dissapear again! I don't think that I should be at this or that weight, but that the look of my body is the most important! And now I'm not looking good at all... :( But I think I have at least 10 kg to loose. If I loose 9 kg, I just hit under the BMI 25 mark.

The snow is more or less gone now, so I can start to run again. I have ended my membership in the gym, as I never went there anyway. But I've started to look a bit into calisthenic training, and that looks a bit more my "style", since I don't need to go to a gym (at least for a long while :p ), and I don't need much stuff for it. So that's a start a bit! I found some simple exercises to do at home (or even at work...). So I'm going to stick up with them for a month now, and see how much progress I get!

Eating right and exercising is so related to the mind, I think. Comfort eating is so addicting. It has taken me years to eat only when I'm actually hungry instead of eating because I just want to feel better or taste something good or celebrate or not celebrate. I have been trying to think of food as fuel, but I also enjoy eating, especially in social situations. Good food is so tempting and delicious.
Mikkel, you are making progress despite your falling back into old habits. At least you are aware of what you are doing. That's half the battle. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks! I put on weight when I was in the teenages because of severe bullying at school, and I started to comfort eat. So I have a really long history of doing it... It so much easier to keep on the good path when everything is OK, than the down periods. But luckly the sun is coming back now, and things will getting better then. :)
But as you say, being aware of it is important! Then it's easier to stay away from it too.

Reactions: PTree15
That's the spirit, Mikkel!
I have had three straight excellent days of workouts...I could be doing better with food, though. Been in a junk-eating mood of late, but today has been much healthier.

You can do it Mikkel! :)

Eating right is much harder than exercising, I fully agree with that. I don't know if I'll ever get my eating habits 'right' but I'm constantly trying & that's a good start.

Speaking of food, there is not enough it. :p no joke, I can't afford to buy the amount of good, nutritious food I need to eat. So hungry all the time & no amount of anything fills me up for long ...so I resort to bad things that my family have in the cupboards. Also I am not restricting at all - I eat well above the recommended daily allowance.

Protein powder has been suggested for after workouts so might look into that.

Reactions: PTree15 and Mikkel
You can do it Mikkel! :)

Eating right is much harder than exercising, I fully agree with that. I don't know if I'll ever get my eating habits 'right' but I'm constantly trying & that's a good start.

Speaking of food, there is not enough it. :p no joke, I can't afford to buy the amount of good, nutritious food I need to eat. So hungry all the time & no amount of anything fills me up for long ...so I resort to bad things that my family have in the cupboards. Also I am not restricting at all - I eat well above the recommended daily allowance.

Protein powder has been suggested for after workouts so might look into that.

It seems like you're not eating enough protein Raggle.

Some good news - I had a blood test this morning and my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are down. LDL levels have also gone down.:starshower:

I feel so much better and have high energy levels once again. Hopefully this means that I won't have to take any medication like statins.

Shyvas, that's fantastic!!!!! Congratulations.

Raggle...drum roll, please...I just completed Day 1 of the Jillian Michaels 30-DAY SHRED!! I actually had to modify the butt kicks because my legs literally wouldn't go up high enough, lol, so I did knee lifts instead, but I did keep moving. But I made it through the whole thing. I didn't do the hand weights (I'm guessing they were 3 to 5 pounds?), but I used a couple of cans of 1-pound beans, lol. I feel like rubber at the moment, lol. I loved the workout, though. I loved the punches, lunges and crunches the best. I could even do the full jumping jacks. I was so excited! I probably will be wicked sore tomorrow, but I'm going to keep it up, lol. I was really sweating, too. I have to work on the pushups. I can only do the modified ones, but I managed to do them all. I think this is really going to tone me up. :)

Shyvas, that's fantastic!!!!! Congratulations.

Raggle...drum roll, please...I just completed Day 1 of the Jillian Michaels 30-DAY SHRED!! I actually had to modify the butt kicks because my legs literally wouldn't go up high enough, lol, so I did knee lifts instead, but I did keep moving. But I made it through the whole thing. I didn't do the hand weights (I'm guessing they were 3 to 5 pounds?), but I used a couple of cans of 1-pound beans, lol. I feel like rubber at the moment, lol. I loved the workout, though. I loved the punches, lunges and crunches the best. I could even do the full jumping jacks. I was so excited! I probably will be wicked sore tomorrow, but I'm going to keep it up, lol. I was really sweating, too. I have to work on the pushups. I can only do the modified ones, but I managed to do them all. I think this is really going to tone me up. :)

Tx PTree. I feel very positive as all my efforts and new eating plan are working.:up:

I've done four days of the 30-day Shred (alternating every other day :D), and I'm really liking it. I think I might enjoy some kickboxing as well, as we do a little bit of air punching across the body. It's a vigorous workout. :)

I've done four days of the 30-day Shred (alternating every other day :D), and I'm really liking it. I think I might enjoy some kickboxing as well, as we do a little bit of air punching across the body. It's a vigorous workout. :)

Wow you're a whiz PTree.:p

Woohoo! A 30DS friend! That's good going, 4 days done already. Do you ache the next day at all? They really are excellent little workouts & you will definitely see results.

I just started level one again after having a little break after level 3. :)

Woohoo! A 30DS friend! That's good going, 4 days done already. Do you ache the next day at all? They really are excellent little workouts & you will definitely see results.

I just started level one again after having a little break after level 3. :)
:)
I did ache the first two times, but now I seem to be OK. I think it helped that I wasn't completely out of shape. All that treadmill climbing is pay off. ;)