Nutrition & Diet March Health Challenge

:)
I can't believe it's March already.
Shyvas, that's great that you are feeling so much better.

My goals remain pretty much the same as last month:
Keep up with five days a week of cardio exercise (minimum) and three days a week of weights;
Drink plenty of water (minimum 48 ounces a day);
And hopefully drop the last three pounds to reach my goal weight. That may require a reduction on my part in the wine/cocktail/sugar consumption. I have been having sweet treats a little more often now, along with some calorically challenging cocktails, so I think I will knock that stuff off for a bit and see what happens.

Hooray it's March! Bring on the Spring :D

My goals for this month is to continue keeping sugar to a minimum, and to continue building up my endurance for running. To participate in an event at the end of next April, I need to be able to run 10k :) I also want to lose three pounds by the end of the month. (My ultimate goal weight is 13 pounds away)

Reactions: PTree15
I did so badly last month after doing well in January.:rolleyes:

I'm trying to keep to the daily smoothie, at least, in March. It's nicer weather and lighter out during the day so I'm going to try to dog walk more often too.:)

February was a total fail for me as Jeremy was here for 3 weeks and exercise was not part of our agenda! Drinking beer and sitting on the couch in front of the TV was. :D
We did walk at the park one time and walked a little downtown and at the mall but that was IT. So I have to get back to the gym and start doing some walking around town this month.

March has gotten off to a rocky start exercise-wise because I started the month with a wretched cold. But today I finally felt well enough to tackle an incline treadmill session. I have been decent with food, though I have had a few cookies this week. :D

I've been doing really well, both exercise wise and dietary. I've been keeping up my goal of cutting down on sugar, but not feeling deprived since I still have a treat almost everyday. (Though I haven't had one yet today and I'm about to go to bed. Just wasn't in the mood for one today, which is the first time in like ever)
I've also been keeping up my runs, and I'm down a pound! How quickly I've suddenly lost three pounds after nearly two months of no loss is definitely help keep the sugar cravings subdued, haha.

CCL, I think you will make your goal! Looking great!
Oasis, that's awesome about the reduced sugar and the weight loss. Way to go!
The fatigue from my cold crept in again, so I slept in today. I seem to be doing OK working out every other day this week. Blah, I want this cold gone.

Hurt myself lifting a while ago so I hope my back stops bothering me.

I have been going to the gym every day off so far this month. But going to see my dad next week so will miss out on the gym again for a week. Things will settle down eventually!

Hope your back is better soon, Envy.

I actually thought that I had gotten a hernia as well, but at the hospital they said that it wasn't anything, and it has become significantly better as of lately.

Guess I have to move a bit more for it to heal though.

I did an indoor jogging video by Jessica Smith and it kicked my butt (lower legs, actually) that I'm taking today off. My calf muscles are so tight. I think they will feel better tomorrow. I should do a workout today, but I'm sitting here before work having a homemade latte. :D

Reactions: Oasis
My birthday binging threw me off :oops: :D but I have just been for a 40 minute walk and then had a banana and frozen pineapple smoothie when I got in. This morning I made some healthy meals and put them in the fridge in containers so I'm not tempted to eat junky meals. I'm having homemade red lentil soup and wholemeal roll for lunch.:up:

I've had some really awesome running weeks. :) Last week I had four 7km runs (plus one 5.5l), and this week I had two of my best runs ever! :) On Tuesday I had my longest run ever at 8.5km. Yesterday I had my best morning run and second best run overall at 7.25km. Although this morning is pretty dark and rainy, these past couple weeks have been so awesome weather wise. Spring is definitely here! :) So sunny and warm. So glad I can finally ditch the sweaters and wear T-shirts instead. (And capris most days)

The other day I was wearing a T-shirt and pair of capris that I hadn't been able to put on in four years. Now I can not only wear them, but they're actually loose!

On day #16 of my yoga challenge and started yoga @ work during lunch. Feeling good. Just need to eat more.but such a mission when not big appetite.

Eating more and moving more.

Doing more meditation.

no alcohol no coffee

Lets kick it positive style

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394861240096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394861240096.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 158