Local supermarket - so many plant milks!

It's a new era! Vegan foods/drinks have become completely mainstream in some places.

The other day I was going to a tech meet-up in London, and it was really heartening to see that so many of the restaurants in the neighbourhood had vegan items prominently on the menu.

Reactions: PTree15
Not only "soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, cashew milk, AND oat milk" but pea milk, hemp, flax, and coconut, too!
Plus most of those milks ( what do i call them? Genera? ) come in several versions (varieties? species?) Chocolate, vanilla, light, plain, cold-brewed. And then there are blends like Chocolate Coconut Almond, and toasted almond and coconut. Oh and don't forget all the PB coffee creamers.
But there is always a price. My local market has added so many plant milks that my old favorite, WildWood, has been bumped off the shelf.

• Sad
Reactions: TofuRobot
Yeah - it's crazy, when you think about it. Almost like it's normal or something.
I remember back in 1990 when I stopped drinking milk and eating what I refer to as "land animals," the only options were soy milk and rice milk. And those you could only at at Mother's Market.

Reactions: Lou
It is crazy how many varieties, and subvarieties! But it's still not so easy to find just plain soy beans and water soy milk 🙄 . or plain any kind- they mostly have additives, sweeteners, thickeners. I stock up on Trader Joes soy milk for yogurt

I know many people drinking almond mostly

Reactions: Lou
I want to make oat milk now...

I usually drink either soya milk. However, I also use oat milk when cooking or in coffee. It is by far the most 'neutral' tasting pb milk. I also think that more omnis would switch to pb milks if they tasted it instead of soya. :D
Agree. I have never like drinking soy milk, but I cook with it a lot. I prefer almond or oat milk to drink. I love almond milk in my iced coffee as well.

Reactions: KLS52
I bought some brazil nut milk the other day at the local organic store. I think that it's now my most favourite including cashew milk. :)

The only thing that bugs me is that it has been shipped in from Italy.