Local supermarket - so many plant milks!

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It's a new era! Vegan foods/drinks have become completely mainstream in some places.

The other day I was going to a tech meet-up in London, and it was really heartening to see that so many of the restaurants in the neighbourhood had vegan items prominently on the menu.

Reactions: PTree15

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Not only "soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, cashew milk, AND oat milk" but pea milk, hemp, flax, and coconut, too!
Plus most of those milks ( what do i call them? Genera? ) come in several versions (varieties? species?) Chocolate, vanilla, light, plain, cold-brewed. And then there are blends like Chocolate Coconut Almond, and toasted almond and coconut. Oh and don't forget all the PB coffee creamers.
But there is always a price. My local market has added so many plant milks that my old favorite, WildWood, has been bumped off the shelf.

• Sad
Reactions: TofuRobot

TofuRobot

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yeah - it's crazy, when you think about it. Almost like it's normal or something.
I remember back in 1990 when I stopped drinking milk and eating what I refer to as "land animals," the only options were soy milk and rice milk. And those you could only at at Mother's Market.

Reactions: Lou

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
It is crazy how many varieties, and subvarieties! But it's still not so easy to find just plain soy beans and water soy milk 🙄 . or plain any kind- they mostly have additives, sweeteners, thickeners. I stock up on Trader Joes soy milk for yogurt

I know many people drinking almond mostly

Reactions: Lou

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I want to make oat milk now...

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I usually drink either soya milk. However, I also use oat milk when cooking or in coffee. It is by far the most 'neutral' tasting pb milk. I also think that more omnis would switch to pb milks if they tasted it instead of soya. :D
Agree. I have never like drinking soy milk, but I cook with it a lot. I prefer almond or oat milk to drink. I love almond milk in my iced coffee as well.

Reactions: KLS52

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I bought some brazil nut milk the other day at the local organic store. I think that it's now my most favourite including cashew milk. :)

The only thing that bugs me is that it has been shipped in from Italy.