Libido on a vegan diet

Anonymous Name

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I’ve listened to some ex-vegans and some of them talked about losing their libido on a vegan diet. I remember one guy said that veganism was a cult and that because some don’t want to have children is therefore evil(which is nonsensical). But then I’ve heard Bobby’s Perspective’s video about Raw Alignment eating meat about how she finally had a sex drive after eating fish. Yet I’ve heard there was a study where vegans have in general, higher libidos. I’ll find the videos and post them here. Is this all in their minds or where they doing something wrong? What do y’all think about it?

This is the one I thought was nonsensical but it lead me to hear other perspectives on how vegans had “low libidos”

This one is Bobby’s Perspective’s video on Raw Alignment.

Last edited:
I don't know much about this... But I think I have heard or read somewhere, that eating mainly healthy, balanced vegan diet (remembering to take your vitamins, too) and exercising regularly (at least 20 min/day), helps to save people from coronary artery disease. When your veins are in a good shape, your libido should also be at a healthy level.
Then again... if you are on a restrictive vegan diet, that resembles Anorexia Nervosa or Ortorexia, your lipido naturally stays very low, because of calorie deficit and neurotic mindset, amongst other problems.

Now I remember where I heard this... from Cory McCarthy... *facepalm* Who else would make such a weird content. I don't know how I managed to stumble upon this... :joy: But I hope he is right..

Last edited by a moderator:
proper eating....proper bloodflow....nuf said

Emma JC

Absolutely. I am pretty sure that there is a ton of evidence that ED is associated with HBP, hardening of the arteries, and heart disease. (um, wait. did I just three phrases to describe the same thing?)

And I don't think there is medical evidence but I think there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. Libido is related to attraction and vegan girls are hotter than nonvegan girls by a significant measurable percentage. That may be also true of vegan boys - but I have no way of judging. :)

All the vegan cooking channels I watch star vegan girls. And they are all hot. Coincidence? I don't' think so.
:cool:

As a guy, and a new enough vegan (1.5 years) to have my recent omni past still relatively fresh in memory...

I can tell you that my libido ebbs and flows on these factors:

A) Enough calories.
B) Enough Zinc. (super important for health but especially for men)
C) Other broad spectrum nutrients including amino acids and Vitamin C. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#Human_semen

A) If you're not eating enough calories you're body is not going to have the urge to reproduce.
B) Low zinc intake is tied to sexual development problems in developing males, as well as low libido in developed males.

A considerable amount of zinc is also expelled in male semen.

Zinc is a major mineral tied to lots of interactions in the human body (male and female) but can be a concern for men just like iron can be a concern for women.

One of the concerns I had going vegan was getting enough Zinc. I had this fear because of the amount of alcohol I had been consuming. The body uses Zinc to detoxify alcohol, and I was afraid I might get deficient. However, this has not been the case eating an almost exclusive (besides alcohol) whole foods diet that includes plenty of zinc rich whole grains, seeds, nuts and legumes. Fruits and Vegetables are great in other ways but they do tend to be low on zinc.

As a 45 year old guy who drinks alcohol I can tell you that on a week to week basis (sometimes day to day) I have no libido issues. More alcohol, less libido. More calories from whole foods (especially seed type foods including whole
grains and legumes), more libido.

Flow issues are a related but separate issue. Men with erection problems may not lack necessary broad spectrum nutrients or calories, but their arteries are clogged with saturated fat, usually from years worth of eating too many animal products.

Some ex-Vegans who go back to eating animal products and claim instant, or near instant restoration of libido and other issues never seem to connect the dots on where those nutrients ultimately come from. For instance a cow eating grass or corn is getting all it's nutrients (including zinc) from these plants. Vitamins and minerals that play a part in human sexuality come from the plant kingdom ultimately, and animals are just vessels. However, don't expect much (or any in some cases) eating commercially prepared refined products.

One more point worth bringing up. I have heard some people parrot the idea that high mineral plant foods can be low mineral dependingon soil conditions (soil lacking minerals in general including zinc). I'm confident these people have never tried to grow, and bring to seed, plants. NPK is not enough for a plant to grow, and especially go to seed. I know someone in agribusiness (plant agribusiness) that tests soil and "prescribes" minerals and other products to help farmers raise the crops they are trying to raise. The simple fact is - without the right soil nutrients and conditions, plants will not grow properly and die prematurely.

In case you're wondering, I don't take vitamin, mineral or amino acid supplements. B12 from fortified low sodium Vegemite, that's it.

As a guy, and a new enough vegan (1.5 years) to have my recent omni past still relatively fresh in memory...

I can tell you that my libido ebbs and flows on these factors:

A) Enough calories.
B) Enough Zinc. (super important for health but especially for men)
C) Other broad spectrum nutrients including amino acids and Vitamin C. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#Human_semen

A) If you're not eating enough calories you're body is not going to have the urge to reproduce.
B) Low zinc intake is tied to sexual development problems in developing males, as well as low libido in developed males.

A considerable amount of zinc is also expelled in male semen.

Zinc is a major mineral tied to lots of interactions in the human body (male and female) but can be a concern for men just like iron can be a concern for women.

One of the concerns I had going vegan was getting enough Zinc. I had this fear because of the amount of alcohol I had been consuming. The body uses Zinc to detoxify alcohol, and I was afraid I might get deficient. However, this has not been the case eating an almost exclusive (besides alcohol) whole foods diet that includes plenty of zinc rich whole grains, seeds, nuts and legumes. Fruits and Vegetables are great in other ways but they do tend to be low on zinc.

As a 45 year old guy who drinks alcohol I can tell you that on a week to week basis (sometimes day to day) I have no libido issues. More alcohol, less libido. More calories from whole foods (especially seed type foods including whole
grains and legumes), more libido.

Flow issues are a related but separate issue. Men with erection problems may not lack necessary broad spectrum nutrients or calories, but their arteries are clogged with saturated fat, usually from years worth of eating too many animal products.

Some ex-Vegans who go back to eating animal products and claim instant, or near instant restoration of libido and other issues never seem to connect the dots on where those nutrients ultimately come from. For instance a cow eating grass or corn is getting all it's nutrients (including zinc) from these plants. Vitamins and minerals that play a part in human sexuality come from the plant kingdom ultimately, and animals are just vessels. However, don't expect much (or any in some cases) eating commercially prepared refined products.

One more point worth bringing up. I have heard some people parrot the idea that high mineral plant foods can be low mineral dependingon soil conditions (soil lacking minerals in general including zinc). I'm confident these people have never tried to grow, and bring to seed, plants. NPK is not enough for a plant to grow, and especially go to seed. I know someone in agribusiness (plant agribusiness) that tests soil and "prescribes" minerals and other products to help farmers raise the crops they are trying to raise. The simple fact is - without the right soil nutrients and conditions, plants will not grow properly and die prematurely.

In case you're wondering, I don't take vitamin, mineral or amino acid supplements. B12 from fortified low sodium Vegemite, that's it.
That is really informal and makes a lot more sense putting it that way. I personally haven’t seen any changes in libido but rather have heard from others talking about this subject about how they lost their libido and now they decided to go carnivore which if you ask me makes no sense but anyway. I appreciate the info!

She is a fraud on all levels, so I wouldn't recommend listening to anything she says
Vegan Earth and Soul did a video about ex vegans and she had more to say about her than anyone. I don’t watch either of their channels but I saw that video it’s about an hour and a half I’ll leave a link. But she went over her more than anyone on that list and her what I eat in a day according to cronometer was really...deficient.

Absolutely. I am pretty sure that there is a ton of evidence that ED is associated with HBP, hardening of the arteries, and heart disease. (um, wait. did I just three phrases to describe the same thing?)

And I don't think there is medical evidence but I think there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. Libido is related to attraction and vegan girls are hotter than nonvegan girls by a significant measurable percentage. That may be also true of vegan boys - but I have no way of judging. :)

All the vegan cooking channels I watch star vegan girls. And they are all hot. Coincidence? I don't' think so.
:cool:
This is true :)

I don't know much about this... But I think I have heard or read somewhere, that eating mainly healthy, balanced vegan diet (remembering to take your vitamins, too) and exercising regularly (at least 20 min/day), helps to save people from coronary artery disease. When your veins are in a good shape, your libido should also be at a healthy level.
Then again... if you are on a restrictive vegan diet, that resembles Anorexia Nervosa or Ortorexia, your lipido naturally stays very low, because of calorie deficit and neurotic mindset, amongst other problems.

Now I remember where I heard this... from Cory McCarthy... *facepalm* Who else would make such a weird content. I don't know how I managed to stumble upon this... :joy: But I hope he is right..
There’s always something about the restrictive diets that make people go bonkers as we have seen on the media recently. If someone who is restrictive like forsay a raw vegan diet, would have to be more careful. I personally have nothing against a raw vegan diet but it can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly. But anyway, thank you for the information it was informal :)

There’s always something about the restrictive diets that make people go bonkers as we have seen on the media recently. If someone who is restrictive like forsay a raw vegan diet, would have to be more careful. I personally have nothing against a raw vegan diet but it can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly. But anyway, thank you for the information it was informal :)
The thing is, she was not in a raw vegan diet. She's been eating fish for a while. She maybe never was vegan at all. l believe she even admitted it. Mic (Mic the Vegan) is done taking about her because of that.

Last edited:
Raw Alignment said she NEVER had a sex drive, even before she was vegan. So she suddenly has a sex drive for the first time in her life from eating one piece of fish? This is complete and utter non-sense.

She's an anorexic, pretty much everyone who watched her channel will tell you that the reason she feels better is for three reasons:

A) She moved from Hawaii where she was likely having allergic reactions to volcanic ash and mold back to a drier climate in Colorado.

B) She's no longer eating a fully raw diet, because raw diets are stupid, and I don't think anyone should ever be on one.

C) She's actually eating more than 300 calories a day. Eating some lettuce and an avocado isn't a "meal." This has nothing to do with being vegan, and everything to do with starving herself.

I can honestly say I was a fan of ZERO of these "ex-vegans" before they made their trashy attention-seeking videos, and I've been watching vegan YouTube for approximately five years. I don't watch anyone with raw in their name, or anyone who does it for "strictly health reasons," or any Barbie girl who is obviously doing it for attention to her physical appearance.

So that in and of itself should tell you quite a lot about how "vegan" these people were to begin with. Most of them were just on a plant-based diet. Some like Tim Schieff are completely out of their minds. Tim used to drink his own urine, and believes in a flat earth. It's pretty easy to spot eating disorders, vain trend-followers, and the outright mentally ill if you pay close enough attention. I would guesstimate that 21 of the 23 "ex-vegans" fit in one of those three pathological categories.

The thing is, she was not in a raw vegan diet. She's been eating fish for a while. She maybe never was vegan at all. l believe she even admitted it. Mic (Mic the Vegan) is done taking about her because of that.
There is a good chance that this true. But who knows. The only thing I can say is that she admitted to lying once because she wanted to reveal the truth "on her terms."

Raw Alignment said she NEVER had a sex drive, even before she was vegan. So she suddenly has a sex drive for the first time in her life from eating one piece of fish? This is complete and utter non-sense.

She's an anorexic, pretty much everyone who watched her channel will tell you that the reason she feels better is for three reasons:

A) She moved from Hawaii where she was likely having allergic reactions to volcanic ash and mold back to a drier climate in Colorado.

B) She's no longer eating a fully raw diet, because raw diets are stupid, and I don't think anyone should ever be on one.

C) She's actually eating more than 300 calories a day. Eating some lettuce and an avocado isn't a "meal." This has nothing to do with being vegan, and everything to do with starving herself.

I can honestly say I was a fan of ZERO of these "ex-vegans" before they made their trashy attention-seeking videos, and I've been watching vegan YouTube for approximately five years. I don't watch anyone with raw in their name, or anyone who does it for "strictly health reasons," or any Barbie girl who is obviously doing it for attention to her physical appearance.

So that in and of itself should tell you quite a lot about how "vegan" these people were to begin with. Most of them were just on a plant-based diet. Some like Tim Schieff are completely out of their minds. Tim used to drink his own urine, and believes in a flat earth. It's pretty easy to spot eating disorders, vain trend-followers, and the outright mentally ill if you pay close enough attention. I would guesstimate that 21 of the 23 "ex-vegans" fit in one of those three pathological categories.
There is a lesson to be learned in all this. Watch out for liars and fools who think they know what they are doing but do not. Not everyone on the web is not who they say they are and we really don't know everything that goes behind the scenes. It's important to think critically and do not do anything that risky some random YouTuber you do not know especially without the evidence says just because of how they appear.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
There is a lesson to be learned in all this. Watch out for liars and fools who think they know what they are doing but do not. Not everyone on the web is not who they say they are and we really don't know everything that goes behind the scenes. It's important to think critically and do not do anything that risky some random YouTuber you do not know especially without the evidence says just because of how they appear.

I don't know, I think it's fairly obvious who is fake and who isn't, but I worry about young people. Teens.