Animal Advocacy Leafleting

Everleigh

Forum Legend
Reaction score
:wave:Hi everyone!I want to ask everyone's advice about leafleting.I am going to go leafleting soon and I have already planned some places I am going to go and leave booklets.My list includes libraries,coffee shops,doctor's offices and laundries.

I am also looking for places to stand and give them out but I am not sure where this would be a good idea?Any opinions from you are appreciated.

First thing I could think of was public parks, but you may have to get permission from the city for that. Any public place, I imagine, you would need permission.

Oh, here's an idea: Because it's summer, there are a lot of outdoor activities going on. Are there any concerts or family events in your area where you could stand in front of the entrance or mingle with the crowd and do your leafleting? That might be an ideal situation, especially if these events are free to the public, as they would attract a lot of people.

Reactions: Everleigh
Yes,I'm aware that any where I stand I am going to need permission.That's a good idea about the parks.

Also there are some public events in my area but not sure about the dates I would have to look it up.I may do that.:)

Reactions: Amy SF
I don't see a difference with this as the Christians doing soul winning and passing out Gospel tracts too people. Is this something that you just giving info about something?

I don't see a difference with this as the Christians doing soul winning and passing out Gospel tracts too people. Is this something that you just giving info about something?
But there is a difference because I'm not going to be preaching to people.I am just going to ask if they are interested in knowing where our food comes from.If they say yes then I will give them the info.If they have questions I will be happy to discuss it with them.

In other words it is their choice to get involved.

Reactions: thefadedone
But there is a difference because I'm not going to be preaching to people.I am just going to ask if they are interested in knowing where our food comes from.If they say yes then I will give them the info.If they have questions I will be happy to discuss it with them.

In other words it is their choice to get involved.
Yes i know what you mean there are some Christians that passes out Gospel tracts that don't preach they are silent , I am one of those, I won't push you to take it or preach, I will stop there don't want to hijack the thread...

Bathrooms, maybe? Some bathrooms have billboards that you can tack things too. Otherwise, you could tape it.

Personally, I like to see flyers in the bathroom. Sometimes they're interesting.
These are going to be booklets so I could probably only hang up a couple in bathrooms if it was one that had a board.

Yes i know what you mean there are some Christians that passes out Gospel tracts that don't preach they are silent , I am one of those, I won't push you to take it or preach, I will stop there don't want to hijack the thread...
Yes,I am aware that there are people that are religious who are not preachy but that has just been my experience.I do think it is the right thing to do in letting people make up their own minds before giving them information or handing them anything.

If you simply ask if they are interested in what you have say first you have a better chance of being heard.

Yes,I am aware that there are people that are religious who are not preachy but that has just been my experience.I do think it is the right thing to do in letting people make up their own minds before giving them information or handing them anything.

If you simply ask if they are interested in what you have say first you have a better chance of being heard.
Yes I so agree with that way you will protect the environment and save trees that way. I used to pass out gospel tracts at halloween, Now I just pass out fun stuff and use the night to have fun.

thefadedone beat me to the Farmers Market idea. I doubt you would need permission at a Farmers Market.

If you are doing active leafleting, don't forget to target those people you would never believe could be interested in animal rights or diet changes. Can never tell just by looking at someone. I'm a case example.

If you are doing active leafleting, don't forget to target those people you would never believe could be interested in animal rights or diet changes. Can never tell just by looking at someone. I'm a case example.

I plan to ask who ever I see no matter what they look like.I've already given out 25 of my 100 or so leaflets.I just got them two days ago. :)