Last Thing You Bought?

👎🏻☹️
If you are a fan of Gardein you will probably like they so don’t put too much stock in my review.
I’m going to see if son will try them. I don’t see me wanting to finish them.
I have not seen those at Publix. I usually get the Morningstar Farms Incogmeato chick'n nuggets which I have to go to Walmart for. I like them best of all the brands I have tried.

Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
I have not seen those at Publix. I usually get the Morningstar Farms Incogmeato chick'n nuggets which I have to go to Walmart for. I like them best of all the brands I have tried.
I should try those. I’ve been afraid to because I haven’t liked a lot of Morningstar farms. But it might be worth a shot since it’s so hard for me to get vegan Quorn.

👎🏻☹️
If you are a fan of Gardein you will probably like them so don’t put too much stock in my review.
I’m going to see if son will try them. I don’t see me wanting to finish them.
I also got them, and was so excited! I really craved fried battered breading, and like most of the nuggets that are out there.
I did not like these! :down:
The picture is deceiving- makes it look like Popeyes breading-which is exactly what I've craved! But it's not thick, it's not seasoned.
The inside was just plain weird.
And no reason to be more expensive!

I like Morningstar buffalo nuggets, and Boca
I do like Gardien fishless

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
The fishless fillets are hit or miss for me. I tend to like things well done but I found that with the fillets, I can’t do that. They do hit the spot when I want a fish sandwich and tartar sauce.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
The fishless fillets are hit or miss for me. I tend to like things well done but I found that with the fillets, I can’t do that. They do hit the spot when I want a fish sandwich and tartar sauce.
I love the fishless filets! I haven't had Gardein in ages. I like the breakfast sausage patties, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
Oh yes…I forgot about the sausage. They are good too. So I like two Gardein products. 😊
I do prefer the beyond sausage patty though.

Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Oh yes…I forgot about the sausage. They are good too. So I like two Gardein products. 😊
I do prefer the beyond sausage patty though.

It's the same for me as Gardein products are either a huge hit or a huge miss.o_O

I really like Crabless cakes, porkless bites and lime tenders.:lick: On the other hand I cannot even eat their fishless filets. I used to be a huge fan of fish and seafood in my omni days and this product tastes nothing like the real thing. So that's maybe the reason why they're popular as they indeed don't taste like fish.

I also dislike their ground beefless and chicknless strips (can't remember the exact name) but haven't yet tasted their breakfast sausage burgers. That will be on my to buy list when I go to the US.

I also like Boca vegan patties and when on so they are very good value for money. I used to have one with sliced avocado for breakfast when I was on holiday in CA.:)

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
The boca original chicken patties are a go to for me. They’re readily available and are tasty on a toasted bun with vegan Mayo, ketchup, pickles onions and occasionally a slice of melted daiya cheddar when I feel like living dangerously lol. It’s one of my favorite lunches and really holds me longer than a plate of rice and beans.

• Agree
Reactions: silva and PTree15
The boca original chicken patties are a go to for me. They’re readily available and are tasty on a toasted bun with vegan Mayo, ketchup, pickles onions and occasionally a slice of melted daiya cheddar when I feel like living dangerously lol. It’s one of my favorite lunches and really holds me longer than a plate of rice and beans.

I also like Boca burgers but without the bun. I usually have them with either a salad (avocados/tomatoes) or with vegetable puree. They also make a substantial breakfast.;)

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
The shop near me was closed so I walked to Coop and found a couple of things in the Gro range. The Impossible Burgers and the choc brownie ice cream. :lick:

I also got garlic, ginger, onions, creamed coconut, bombay mix, mango chutney, pitta bread and some vegetable crisps. You shouldn't go shopping hungry!

The shop near me was closed so I walked to Coop and found a couple of things in the Gro range. The Impossible Burgers and the choc brownie ice cream. :lick:

I also got garlic, ginger, onions, creamed coconut, bombay mix, mango chutney, pitta bread and some vegetable crisps. You shouldn't go shopping hungry!

Which brand of ice cream is that? Strange, as I was only thinking about having some pb ice cream 10 minutes ago. However, my local hyper doesn't usually stock any. :(

I tried Kite Hill tortellini. It’s edible but a no go for me going forward. Why does everything with “cheese” have to be sour? With the exception of Tofutti, all other brands of cream cheese and sour cream are tangy. I don’t need that. Even Miyokos ricotta was bad for me. I stick with making my own tofu ricotta.

Yesterday I went to Target Tuesday, even though it’s now on Mondays lol. I tried a Sweet Earth butter chicken frozen dinner. Another disappointment. But I was able to spruce it up and make it more tasty. Then I had vegetable dumplings. I made them in the air fryer. Also bland but good dipped in peanut sauce.

I don't like things spicy so my favorite is Morning Star Original Sausage patties.
Once a week I like to indulge a little and have a foldable Just Egg, Sausage, and hash browns.

The sausage fits nicely on a sandwich thin or English muffin with a slice of cheese, too. I think a foldable AND a sausage is too much for a sandwich. But maybe if I used the liquid Just egg instead of the foldable.

My main reason to not buy the liquid just egg is because it goes bad in the frig. but I just realized I could divide the bootle in quarters and freeze it. Gonna try that next. I think I would like a vegan Egg McMuffin once in a while.

I tried Kite Hill tortellini. It’s edible but a no go for me going forward. Why does everything with “cheese” have to be sour? With the exception of Tofutti, all other brands of cream cheese and sour cream are tangy. I don’t need that. Even Miyokos ricotta was bad for me. I stick with making my own tofu ricotta.

Yesterday I went to Target Tuesday, even though it’s now on Mondays lol. I tried a Sweet Earth butter chicken frozen dinner. Another disappointment. But I was able to spruce it up and make it more tasty. Then I had vegetable dumplings. I made them in the air fryer. Also bland but good dipped in peanut sauce.
All the Sweet Earth frozen foods I've tried have been a huge disappointment :down:
If I want tangy I go with plain soy yogurt.
I don't understand why so many products made with vegans in mind have to change up the seasonings so much! Like that dam TJ's meatless pizza. I still can't get over how much I disliked it, all because of the weird spices.

Anyway. I bought gel heel cups and put one in my right shoe. WOW! I can't believe how much of a difference it makes! I've known for some time my right leg was shorter than my left, because I'd always bent my left knee when I stood, and it was very uncomfortable. A chiropracter, reg doctor, both dismissed it, so I never tried anything. Well, having that heel raised about 3-4 mm I now stand straight, walking is better, and my balance is fantastic. I couldn't even do proper squats before without feeling like I'd tip over

I got a bunch of chocolates from no whey.
I got two boxes of peanot cups (12 per), their new coco bombs (hot chocolate), 2 of their brownies and a turkey shaped chocolate lollipop.
Some more cbd vape stuff, got inspired by watching rebellious teenagers on youtube.

I don't like things spicy so my favorite is Morning Star Original Sausage patties.
Once a week I like to indulge a little and have a foldable Just Egg, Sausage, and hash browns.

The sausage fits nicely on a sandwich thin or English muffin with a slice of cheese, too. I think a foldable AND a sausage is too much for a sandwich. But maybe if I used the liquid Just egg instead of the foldable.

My main reason to not buy the liquid just egg is because it goes bad in the frig. but I just realized I could divide the bootle in quarters and freeze it. Gonna try that next. I think I would like a vegan Egg McMuffin once in a while.
Are those vegan now?
I loved Beyond breakfast sausage links, but the patties I preferred the spicy to the original.
Ever try black salt in tofu scramble, or a chickpea flour omelette? Or a slice of cooked potato even! Very eggy, and esp good with some nooch

Morningstar changed their recipes for many stuff. I think most of their products are vegan, if not all. I do miss their ribs.

Reactions: KLS52
Morningstar changed their recipes for many stuff. I think most of their products are vegan, if not all. I do miss their ribs.
Yeah, I've always wondered why they quit those riblets? I loved them, and they got mentioned on all the vegan forums!
I will say though, the bbq seitan ribz I make with jackfruit are much like them in texture, and of course you get to choose the sauce.
This is what I make. Let me know if it comes up on my copymethat. I modified the recipe from the link

Ever try black salt in tofu scramble, or a chickpea flour omelette? Or a slice of cooked potato even! Very eggy, and esp good with some nooch
Those were my favorite Sunday morning brunches till a few years ago. I just got an easier recipe - but I haven't gotten around to it.

I found the nicest puffy vest at Goodwill, and how ironic! I've been looking at them trying to find one I liked under $20. This was $6.
Almost passed on it because i'm not a fan of blue, but the collar was paisley-tried it on and found when putting it back on the hanger, that it was reversible :up:
I love paisley everything!

Reactions: Lou and Chryssie