Last Thing You Bought?

I just went to Southend to go to Superdrug as I was running low on a lot of things. I bought conditioner, a lipstick, lip balm, avocado face masks, hair bands and some cold and flu medicine.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I'm trying to support local businesses at the moment so I went to an independent shop that sells vintage/unusual things that I hadn't been in before.

20231024_141515.jpg

I got a crystal necklace, some silver earrings and a Buddha statue.

20231024_141336.jpg

I bought ascorbic acid powder to use in lotions and face scrubs. Only used a couple days and I swear my face is brighter! I guess I used a bit more than recommended 10%, I can feel the tingle

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I ordered a birthday present and a Christmas present for my nephew's GF. She's a big Harry Potter fan, so I got her a Gryffindoor bathrobe for her b'day and an HP-themed board game called Labyrinth for Christmas.

I went to the outlets yesterday and stopped at Lindt Chocolatier. They had the non dairy truffles! I bought five milk chocolate (oat milk) and five dark.

I was disappointed. 😞 They won't go to waste but I won't buy them again. I'll stick with ordering the caramels from Ocho. One a day satisfies me. Occasionally I might have two. 😁 Oddly enough, my very fussy omni friend thought the Lindt were great. :iiam:

^ I used to love them! They aren't doing the vegan ones over here yet.

I went to the outlets yesterday and stopped at Lindt Chocolatier. They had the non dairy truffles! I bought five milk chocolate (oat milk) and five dark.

I was disappointed. 😞 They won't go to waste but I won't buy them again. I'll stick with ordering the caramels from Ocho. One a day satisfies me. Occasionally I might have two. 😁 Oddly enough, my very fussy omni friend thought the Lindt were great. :iiam:
Was it an aftertaste, like coconut oil?
My favorite dark chocolate thats vegan is from Aldi, their Moser Roth bars. They just added a dark choc raspberry almond. It's a lot like their orange dark almond.
The very best vegan milk choc was from a street fair and I lost her number, she had a caramel filled rice milk choc that was very decadent, very melty and smooth. That's one I miss but too cheap to try Ocho

• Informative
I took today off and will go to Penzeys for free Turkish blend seasoning (big jar) and free 1/4 cup Penzeys seasoned salt--with a $10 purchase. We all love the Penzeys black pepper so will buy a 3/4 bag for $12. Yes it is better

Was it an aftertaste, like coconut oil?
My favorite dark chocolate thats vegan is from Aldi, their Moser Roth bars. They just added a dark choc raspberry almond. It's a lot like their orange dark almond.
The very best vegan milk choc was from a street fair and I lost her number, she had a caramel filled rice milk choc that was very decadent, very melty and smooth. That's one I miss but too cheap to try Ocho
No...not an oil aftertaste at all. Not sure if it was an oat-y flavor. Could be mind over matter. It was more the hard coating...had a bit of a waxy texture. Like cheap chocolate. The inside truffle was nice and creamy. It just didn't thrill me. I was hoping for it to be better. I love the dairy versions so much.

Ocho is expensive which is why I buy several bags because it's $10 to ship regardless if you buy 1 bag or 5-6 bags. And also why I eat them sparingly.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15