Last Thing You Bought?

That is fantastic, KLS!! This is so on my list, but I don't have the coin right now. I would need it for the fridge and the laptop, so I could work. I just got a charging bank for my phone, and it works pretty good. I tried it out the other night and it charged the phone in a reasonable amount of time.

you might look into a high end UPS. My sister Joy has a high end one in her home office. It works pretty good.

She already has solar on her roof but if the power goes out - the power goes out. Some people are buying Tesla PowerWalls. The solar charges it up where it's stored for a rainy day or for a power outage.

you might look into a high end UPS. My sister Joy has a high end one in her home office. It works pretty good.

She already has solar on her roof but if the power goes out - the power goes out. Some people are buying Tesla PowerWalls. The solar charges it up where it's stored for a rainy day or for a power outage.
Thank you!

That is fantastic, KLS!! This is so on my list, but I don't have the coin right now. I would need it for the fridge and the laptop, so I could work. I just got a charging bank for my phone, and it works pretty good. I tried it out the other night and it charged the phone in a reasonable amount of time.
I hope you can swing it at some point. I’ve never had one before but I have a feeling they lose power here a lot and not just for a few hours. People are complaining about Eversource on FB.
I was lucky when I lived in NY. We lost power maybe 3-4 times a year but we were always back on in a few hours. We were only without power for two days in May 2018. There was a really bad storm...I don’t remember if it had a name, lol. But it did so much damage. The good thing was I was in Virginia visiting a friend so it didn’t affect me. But husband and son were home taking care of my cats lol.

I hope you can swing it at some point. I’ve never had one before but I have a feeling they lose power here a lot and not just for a few hours. People are complaining about Eversource on FB.
I was lucky when I lived in NY. We lost power maybe 3-4 times a year but we were always back on in a few hours. We were only without power for two days in May 2018. There was a really bad storm...I don’t remember if it had a name, lol. But it did so much damage. The good thing was I was in Virginia visiting a friend so it didn’t affect me. But husband and son were home taking care of my cats lol.
Yes, Eversource has been taking a ton of heat, and rightly so, IMHO. After every storm, it's been the same thing, since Irene, Sandy, you name it. They say they'll do better, but meanwhile, service does not improve. And they just gave their CEO a 33% raise, to like $20 million a year. Seriously, who needs to make that much money!? I think they are more interested in their shareholders than their customers. And they adopted this ridiculously expensive "delivery charge" that they never really explain in laymen's terms. My bill more than tripled last month, and I know some of it was because of the AC, but my actual usage was $50 and the delivery charge was $111. When demand goes down, they always make us pay with these crazy increases.

• Angry
Reactions: KLS52
The delivery charge is what everyone is screaming about. It’s absurd. The delivery charge is anywhere from 59-62% of the bills. It’s insane!

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I just checked my electric. $45 is used, $67 is distribution, recovery and "customer charges" 🙄

I bought Aldi vegan mac and cheese and dam, it's a LOT what that orange Kraft stuff is like--artificial :rofl:
I even went to my least favorite store for some Country Crock almond oil spread, that made it salty! I bet it would have been even better with my vegan mayo :shrug:. I actually like it -I only tasted it and put some for lunch tomorrow over peas, and the rest for my son or tomorrow

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I used to love the Kraft Mac n cheese. I liked all of the bad stuff. Cheese in a can...omg...so good on triscuits lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Bought another step stool for my cats to get on the couch. Big Jersey has some trouble. It's not as nice as the Rubbermaid one I have at my bed, but it was only $6. I'm gonna put something on to make it more comfy, and attractive. It's black plastic and has traction ridges that hurt bare feet (and cat feet I'd imagine!)

^ I have a little step stool for my cats to get up to the desk for their litter tray.

We bought a new laptop this week as my husband uses it at work for games and I have a few more Zoom meetings coming up at home.

I also went out to the shop today and bought household stuff as I had lots of spare change dotted around my house. I think it's from using contactless payments so much during lockdown.

I ordered some winter things like slippers and new socks as well as some vitamins as I was running low. I want to call up to book a chiropodist appointment when they open at 9 this morning. I'm also getting a new coffee table delivered today.

I have to go out later to the shop to buy a thank you card.

Saw a foot soak/massage thing on a local buy and sell site- so I got it for $20. I hope it's as good as I hope it will be! I've been sitting on the bathtub using the hand held shower head on the massage setting almost every day after work

I ordered a hand held vacuum and also some toiletries from Superdrug today. New lipsticks, lip balm, face scrub and face wash and bubble bath.

Reactions: Val
I went to Coop today instead of Lidl. It was a different one to the store I normally go to because I was looking for a particular sandwich. It wasn't in there! I got a salad, avocado, spring rolls, crisps, fizzy water and a vegan chocolate Rocky Road bar I found.

Reactions: KLS52