Last Thing You Bought?

Can i say "we bought" instead of "i bought"?😁 I want to believe that there is some part of my input in Liza's purchase: i love owls, and i made her love owls too (i always say that Unghshu's hypostases include not only koala-like soul and appearance but also an owl, hehehe).🐨🦉 So she got this "Owly owl" on solar batteries for our garden.
IMG_20200802_220551_416.jpg
IMG_20200802_220551_418.jpg

So she got this "Owly owl" on solar batteries for our garden.

One of my friends "collects" these. Mostly he buys them at garage sales but I think he got a few as presents.
he has the same kind as you shared. but i can't remember what animals he has.

Reactions: Val
Yesterday I went to Beall's to pickup an order. (which I am going to have to return as the pants don't fit) I decided to check out the clearance which I always do and you won't believe the bargains! I found name brand (Gloria Vanderbelt) tops marked down from $45-$60 for $2.50 and $3.00!! When I commented to a sales person, she said they had to get rid of them. I am lucky I can wear a small because there were several to choose from. I got 3 tops and a cardigan sweater.

I was thinking of trying my dogs with an indoor litter tray made from Astroturf if we move house to a flat (apartment) instead of a house when we move. I am going to order it next week and see if they use it.

Yesterday I went to Beall's to pickup an order. (which I am going to have to return as the pants don't fit) I decided to check out the clearance which I always do and you won't believe the bargains! I found name brand (Gloria Vanderbelt) tops marked down from $45-$60 for $2.50 and $3.00!! When I commented to a sales person, she said they had to get rid of them. I am lucky I can wear a small because there were several to choose from. I got 3 tops and a cardigan sweater.

Oh wow, I've heard of that brand. Bargain!

I finally bought something from Etsy yesterday. I bought an art print and a mug. There is some really nice stuff on there. :heart_eyes:

I also bought some boring household things from Amazon.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
This is a backpack I got today! My regular purses are too small for all the stuff I haul to work so I looked at the clearance and found this! There was even a matching wallet inside it.View attachment 22215
This is a good deal! I converted it: 1192 roubles for such a pretty and comfy bag.👍 Even its initial price (1863 roubles) would be quite acceptable for me, if i decided to buy a new purse or a bigger bag.
My purse that i go to work with is torn from the inside (its inner pockets are totally demolished by Unghshu's slick hands😆). I'll try and ask if mom's friends have any old purses they don't need anymore. I need to "look decent" at work🙄, but i have no desire to splurge on any purses (especially leather ones). This last one (that i'm using now) is a leather one! Many years ago, i got it as a birthday gift from Liza (she didn't ask me if i wanted a leather bag!) But i couldn't afford buying a bag then, so i started using it. I thought it would be a sacrilege to throw it away until it becomes tattered and scary.😁 Now i can throw it away "with clear conscience" and, at first, get a second-hand one, and then buy a new one. My sparkling dream is to buy a cloth cruelty-free bag. But i'll probably have to wait until this covid madness is over, or until we get the vaccine, because i don't want to go to accessory shops without need.

• Friendly
Reactions: Amy SF and Chryssie
I should check out TJ Maxx for clothes, maybe sheets.

I stopped at Aldi and bought a lot of oatmilk ice cream! Strawberry, cold brew, and a couple of the cookie ones.
I also snagged the last two extra firm tofus. I will make one with teriyaki noodles and broccoli now.
and a watermelon

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Right now I use a small nylon backpack for a purse. I like it because it has a pouch on the inside and you can stuff inside itself and put it on your belt when you don't have anything in it. Although since Covid, I never do that cause I always carry around a spare mask, sanitize, and gloves. I had been meaning to get a small book bag. when I go to the movies or a restaurant I like to have a book with me. But since I don't go to movies or restaurants anymore this is no longer a priority.

My small backpack

Something like the book bag I was going to get.

@Lou I really like those bags especially the crossbody one. I have a couple of Bagolini bags that I like a lot but they don't hold a lot of stuff.

They are a lot cheaper at TJ Maxx than Amazon!

Well, those are more "purses" than book bags (or carry-alls). I may not be secure enough with my gender identity to go out in public with a purse (unlike Seinfield)

A generator! I’m so excited and feeling very fortunate that we had some renovation money left over from the move to be able to do so.

Our electric company, Eversource, had a really hard time restoring power to everyone after Isaias. Some owl were out 10 days. We were lucky we were only out 2.5 days. But I lost a lot of food. I need to run my refrigerator and charge my cell phone. Oh yeah and boil water in my electric kettle for coffee, lol. I don’t care about anything else.

Anyway, Eversource is supposedly making plans because Laura could be headed this way. We won’t have the generator in time for Laura but at least we will be prepared for future power outages.

04BC7C42-B2A1-4452-9AD7-80EDA101315E.jpeg

A generator! I’m so excited and feeling very fortunate that we had some renovation money left over from the move to be able to do so.

Our electric company, Eversource, had a really hard time restoring power to everyone after Isaias. Some owl were out 10 days. We were lucky we were only out 2.5 days. But I lost a lot of food. I need to run my refrigerator and charge my cell phone. Oh yeah and boil water in my electric kettle for coffee, lol. I don’t care about anything else.

Anyway, Eversource is supposedly making plans because Laura could be headed this way. We won’t have the generator in time for Laura but at least we will be prepared for future power outages.

View attachment 22239
What a great thing! Congrats! I hope it will make your life easier, especially when such awful power blackouts occur. :hug:
I frequently think: how cool it would be to have a generator at the country (we have many power outages during the summer, and i always have to call the local electricity grid and remind them that our communities need urgent help).
P.S. if Laura comes,-pls, stay safe (make some preparations of necessary items and charge your powerbanks beforehand (if you have any).💖

Last edited:

View attachment 22239
That is fantastic, KLS!! This is so on my list, but I don't have the coin right now. I would need it for the fridge and the laptop, so I could work. I just got a charging bank for my phone, and it works pretty good. I tried it out the other night and it charged the phone in a reasonable amount of time.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val