KFC Plant-Based "chicken" update

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Last edited:
Reactions: Gaspard
Exposure by socialites and celebrities can be a double edged sword. Living in a western nation, I've heard of Kardashian, but up until today when I looked her up, didn't even know what she looked like. That's about how connected I am to the world of fame and glamour, which seems to me to be something of a repository for the vainglorious and attention seekers, as well as those who worship/envy them.

According to the article I read, Kardashian only plans to eat vegan in private, which is good as far as that's concerned, but it's not much of a public statement for a socialite with millions of followers. Previously (again according to the article), she was an Atkins follower. Perhaps some of her fans will follow suit and stick with it even if she doesn't (going flexitarian is not a good way to maintain a vegan diet, not only because it muddles the word vegan, but because of the opposing armies of bacteria that are seeking to be established with every (vegan) vs (non-vegan) meal. This equates to people being confused and often (internally) uncomfortable. )

Reactions: Gaspard