US Just Mayo product question

peacefulveglady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello we just got from pantry a give away of Just Mayo
I am wondering how long it will last after the date.
It says the date in about an week and half.

Personally I would use it up soon, but expiration dates scare me. Make some potato, pasta or eggless egg salads and use it up!

I'm using a jar of Vegenaise that's a month past it's expiration date but I'm often bad with use by dates. I had forgotten about it in the refrigerator at work. It's probably not the smartest thing I've ever done but so far so good. You should probably try to use up the Just Mayo as quickly as you can.

Hahaha....
I'd found Just Mayo at a really good sale price, had coupons, and by the time I opened the third jar it was after the date. It was fine. The jar prior to that I had in the fridge quite a while- it actually started to separate. It was still okay.
I remember Veganaise would get runny rather quickly after opening. Just Mayo holds up very well. I had no bad effects at all. It tasted fine, had no signs of of being 'off'.
I admit I take more chances with food than other people

Ok, if you guys all up and die for eating expired mayo, don't say I didn't warn you! :hurl:

Hahaha....
I'd found Just Mayo at a really good sale price, had coupons, and by the time I opened the third jar it was after the date. It was fine. The jar prior to that I had in the fridge quite a while- it actually started to separate. It was still okay.
I remember Veganaise would get runny rather quickly after opening. Just Mayo holds up very well. I had no bad effects at all. It tasted fine, had no signs of of being 'off'.
I admit I take more chances with food than other people

Yeah, I'm not bothered by expiration dates on products that don't contain animal products. I use the sniff and taste test on those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
I had no idea about just mayo expiring within a week. A jar lasts a month for me. It tastes fine and has no mold

You can usually use products a week later. Expiration dates are just an estimate and they usually estimate sooner to avoid any problems.

I still have some stuff in my kitchen that expired in 2007. OK, herbs, mostly, but also some other stuff...

On UK TV some foodie authority claimed it was better not to buy anything that had a sell-buy date on it. I can't remember why (typical) but of course it's mainly food products made in a factory that has sell-by dates and factory food fodder (alliteration!) is best avoided.