Judge wants to throw sexual assault victim in jail for publicly naming her attackers

interesting. i find your responses to be pretty palatable, compared to others.

Thank you! I guess what I am saying is that you likely pick up different social signals to me. For example I am really lousy at predicting what will happen in a social situation, how people are feeling, what is appropriate and I end up making really massive and stupid miscalculations etc.... because of my lack of social instinct. However I have other instincts which are more personal instincts and have nothing to do with my social skilledness.

With you I kind of suspect that you are actually good in the areas I am not, you seem like you would be good at knowing what people might be thinking or the general tone of a social situation and be able to act appropriately in response to that. But that is just what I have observed, I could be wrong. But it does mean that you are good at what I am not good at.

Thank you! I guess what I am saying is that you likely pick up different social signals to me. For example I am really lousy at predicting what will happen in a social situation, how people are feeling, what is appropriate and I end up making really massive and stupid miscalculations etc.... because of my lack of social instinct. However I have other instincts which are more personal instincts and have nothing to do with my social skilledness.

With you I kind of suspect that you are actually good in the areas I am not, you seem like you would be good at knowing what people might be thinking or the general tone of a social situation and be able to act appropriately in response to that. But that is just what I have observed, I could be wrong. But it does mean that you are good at what I am not good at.

lol.

i've just gotten good at that from h aving been a correctional officer and having worked with at risk populations for years. It pays to predict. and can save your life.

but, you're great. know this.

Awwww. Thanks. You are great too....

Honestly though, if I tried to become a corrections officer my social instinct would still not develop, it is like that part of my brain does not work at all. Basically my social instinct never gets any better no matter how old I am, I have to rely on the intellectual part of my brain and my memory to remember what is appropriate or what I should or should not say. I would not last long in any part of a prison system I suspect... : ) .

Awwww. Thanks. You are great too....

Honestly though, if I tried to become a corrections officer my social instinct would still not develop, it is like that part of my brain does not work at all. Basically my social instinct never gets any better no matter how old I am, I have to rely on the intellectual part of my brain and my memory to remember what is appropriate or what I should or should not say. I would not last long in any part of a prison system I suspect... : ) .
so, i think you should remain a model citizen. i once saw a graffiti that was great, yet true: "Jail Sucked"

Over the years in social situations I have been uneasy around men that have gone on to rape friends of mine but I worked with a young man who was found guilty of taking part in a gang rape and I was very surprised by that as he was very good at hiding his real character. Some humans can be very devious.

I try to remain a model citizen, but I have a really rebellious streak and I lose control of myself sometimes. I need to be careful with that. : ) . Yes jail does seem like it would suck a lot.

Over the years in social situations I have been uneasy around men that have gone on to rape friends of mine but I worked with a young man who was found guilty of taking part in a gang rape and I was very surprised by that as he was very good at hiding his real character. Some humans can be very devious.
yes.

some of hte sex offenders i worked with gave off a a very weird and unnatural vibe. a very strong vibe of not fitting in. an essence that seemed poisoned.

others, at first glance would've passed with flying colors. once i got to speak to them, i detected things, but at first no. sex offenders are often very intelligent and very good at flying below the radar.

^ Uno, it sounds like you do have the instinct I am talking about after all. Yes the man I met who tried to attack me, I had this yucky, nauseous feeling when I met him. I wish I had listened to it. There was nothing about his appearance to suggest he was a sex offender in the making, but that was what he was and he reeked of it.

I have also met people I have been surprised about after finding out what they did, but usually that was because I had never had experience with their particular type before, I think now if I met someone like them I would see it.

^ Uno, it sounds like you do have the instinct I am talking about after all. Yes the man I met who tried to attack me, I had this yucky, nauseous feeling when I met him. I wish I had listened to it. There was nothing about his appearance to suggest he was a sex offender in the making, but that was what he was and he reeked of it.

I have also met people I have been surprised about after finding out what they did, but usually that was because I had never had experience with their particular type before, I think now if I met someone like them I would see it.

i can spot people that give off weird vibes pretty well. i've seen them around. they just dont' fit in. they are acting.

my point is that some probably fool us all. i'd have to look at his pic again. i think i was thinking that he was more handsome than anything else in that pic. perhaps if i looked at his eyes more. for me, the eyes aren't the predictor as much as the 6th sense vibes one gets in person.

I act in a pretty weird, off key way too, but I am really lousy at putting on an act. I used to go places and try and display normal, appropriate, average behavior but then I would have a sort of meltdown and the shell would crack and all the bizarreness would pour out.

To me, sometimes it is the expression in the eyes, but it is more than that. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their average facial expression, and also the lines on their face too are very telling.

I act in a pretty weird, off key way too, but I am really lousy at putting on an act. I used to go places and try and display normal, appropriate, average behavior but then I would have a sort of meltdown and the shell would crack and all the bizarreness would pour out.

To me, sometimes it is the expression in the eyes, but it is more than that. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their average facial expression, and also the lines on their face too are very telling.

There's a difference between the socially inept and trying and someone with a facade and covering up something very negative.

That is very true, but sadly a lot of people I cant see that. I think that many people, when they sense something different about someone they put it in the "too hard to understand" basket so I end up very misunderstood.

That is very true, but sadly a lot of people I cant see that. I think that many people, when they sense something different about someone they put it in the "too hard to understand" basket so I end up very misunderstood.

that would not be me. being different doesn't bother me, in fact it's attractive. it's the different that feels wrong that is the red flag. and there's a few men at the gym i exercise at that i have little doubt are predators on some level cuz of that feeling. to the point i've thought of saying something in private to them.

Yes, I have been in places with people like that as well. I used to work in an office and this man used to come in... ugh..... I wasnt the only one who thought that either.

Anyway I have to go out now... take care, it was nice chatting with you : ) .

People who say that are not observant.

omg you know EVERYTHING :rofl: how to spot schizophrenia in babies 20 years before mental health professionals, how to spot a potential rapist from a dodgy look in their facebook pictures, when people have had a psychotic break -just by living in the same building and passing them in the hall. yeah. i have awe.

For example I am really lousy at predicting what will happen in a social situation, how people are feeling, what is appropriate and I end up making really massive and stupid miscalculations etc.... because of my lack of social instinct.

oh, maybe not everything. crisis averted. :p

how to spot a potential rapist from a dodgy look in their facebook pictures,

Actually, there was a guy at my school, he wasnt a sex offender or a predator, but he caused a lot of trouble for a lot of people there... he was one of the popular people and had good looks, wit, charm, etc. I was the only person who didnt like him, and when I first encountered him at age 13 I could see exactly what type of person he was but strangely noone else could. It wasnt until 6 years later when he had caused chaos that people said to me "Yes, I know that you said from the very beginning that he couldnt be trusted, but I thought he would be ok with me."

I dont always spot those kinds of people anyway, as I have said, some of the ones I met slipped past my guard even. People can be tricky.