News Woman pretended to be man, sentenced to prison for sex with female friend

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A woman has been found guilty for the second time of tricking a female friend into having sex by pretending to be a man.

Gayle Newland, 27, was initially convicted of three counts of sexual assault at Chester crown court in September 2015, and was sentenced to eight years in prison. Her conviction was quashed at the court of appeal last October following criticism of the judge’s summing up and she was released from jail pending a retrial.
More: Gayle Newland found guilty at retrial of tricking female friend into sex (29. June 2017)

I just don't get it. What is the crime here that justifies 8 years in prison? That she pretended she was something she was not? Doesn't the friend have any responsibility in verifying this? And how could she be that clueless to believe all those ridiculous lies?

The offender was appealing her conviction over 3 counts of sexual assault. The 'friend' did not know who the woman was as apparently she was blindfolded and tricked into believing that the offender was a man.
Furthermore, the victim was a 'vulnerable' person and her identity has not been revealed.

Prosthetic ***** trickster Gayle Newland lodges appeal against conviction

Wow. There are nowhere near enough facts to reasonably discuss this o_O
I can't imagine any person in their right mind would willingly consent to the relationship described. On the other hand, we've all heard of people scammed out of their life savings from the most bizarre email scams...

Do you have any more details on the 'vulnerable' part? I've not seen that mentioned in this case before.

It would seem obvious that the victim was vulnerable and naive. It has also been stated by a journalist in an article that I have read on this case.

Gayle Newland fake ***** trial: The judge's sentencing remarks in his own words

It would seem obvious that the victim was vulnerable and naive. It has also been stated by a journalist in an article that I have read on this case.

Gayle Newland fake ***** trial: The judge's sentencing remarks in his own words
OK thanks, that was an informative read. The judge says she's "vulnerable due to her circumstances". I guess this sentencing was the one that was quashed by the higher court, but it does explain why the offense is so grave. It seems it's mainly because of the amount of deception and the impact it had on the victim.

Wow, that's crazy. I think she does deserve at least a few years in jail. She preys on naive, vulnerable women. I see how that could cause psychological damage. The victims will probably have a really hard time trusting other people after being mind ****ed like that.