Joy & Elsa

86bf31e82f4922c20b8767785abb625c.jpg

A rare photo of Elsa and her sisters before the sisters were sent off to
Blijdorp Zoo in Holland ( from the book ''A cast Of Lions'' )

Reactions: Val
I don't know if you have seen these:

Joy Adamson photos Elsamere

I know this thread is specifically about Joy and Elsa but I thought you might be interested anyway.:)

I believe I do. I am researching all documents and photos concerning Elsa and The Adamsons as I would like to do an album about her life with them and also life with her cubs.

Thank you for posting.;)

I believe I do. I am researching all documents and photos concerning Elsa and The Adamsons as I would like to do an album about her life with them and also life with her cubs.

Thank you for posting.;)
You are welcome. I wiant to try and help you with this whenever I have time. It is such a beautiful story.

You are welcome. I wiant to try and help you with this whenever I have time. It is such a beautiful story.

I appreciate that. I'm eager to find any information and pictures that are out there.;)

There are many people (like us) on line who have read the story and seen the film. However, the younger
generation have not heard about the story. I think that it's a shame that there isn't more of an interest as this is the very first time that a wild animal who was domesticated, was set free into the wild.

It is by far the most beautiful story ever.:yes:

Last edited:
I saw this movie in the theatre in 1967 (i think).
You can still rent it online (try YouTube or Prime).

I also remember seeing it on the TV back in the late 60's and it's still screened regularly on our TV channels.:)

I would suggest reading the book (it's really far better than the film) which relates the story in a far more detailed and manner. It captivates your heart as the bond is so
strong between Joy & Elsa.

1605694883279.png

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 3018